• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chilliwack-BMQ

Shacks is slang for living quarters :p

PS: I know your living close to home during your course, but trust me, the last thing you want to do is go back and hang out with your civie friends during off time, All it's going to due is allienate you from your course, wh9ch just makes your life more difficult. We had a guy from Chilliwak on my course last summer who did that, and I'm basically tell you waht happened to him. Good luck by the by.

McTeer, I don't know if you klnow this or not but there have been renovations... But I'm glad that I could entertain you... If you do some research you can actually see pictures of the base.  It's usually more helpful if you just answer the question.  If you don't know the answer that's ok.  Anyway thanks for the input who have been there.

R031button said:
but trust me, the last thing you want to do is go back and hang out with your civie friends during off time, All it's going to due is allienate you from your course, wh9ch just makes your life more difficult.
What do you mean? did he brag to everyone that he got to go hang out with his buddies and drink beer and whatnot? Or because he didn't hang out with his course mates during time off? I just dont want to make the same mistake. thanks.

Do not think about what to do, where to go and what you will do on this course, the instructors will tell you what do do, where to go and what you will do.

Just show up with all your kit, be ready to work and pay attention.

BMQ/SQ Chilliwack course staff, summer 2005

i got sworn in on the 28/06/05, and am put on a reserve list to see if I can go to Chilliwack  So basically I will find out a few hours before the bus leaves.  also I got kitted up, and have very little clue as to what the hell all this stuff is and where it goes.  is there a manuall or anything to let me know what goes where, how and when!  Thanks.

P.S. one thing I did want was the Grey T-shirts and Sweat Shirts that just say ARMY on them.  Where do you get these.

P.S. one thing I did want was the Grey T-shirts and Sweat Shirts that just say ARMY on them.  Where do you get these.

From a store. there is one near me that sells "ARMY" shirts for $10
I am thinking of getting one too; a cheap PT shirt that fits the environment  ;D

Don't waste money buying a grey t-shirt for pt, last year in Chilliwack the standard pt gear was the green undershirt tucked into our shorts. Make sure your shorts are proper shorts too that are above the knee, you don't need any unwanted attention for wearing skater shorts. And as a little extra tip don't wear skater shoes for pt, make sure you have proper fitting running shoes. Your feet will thank you, and again, the less critical attention you get from the start the better.

B.McTeer said:
oh sweet so we can bring our own shorts thats awesome.

Maybe check over the joining instructions again.  You don't want to leave kit at home assuming that it would be supplied.

DJ

Hey Mcteer I looked at our joining instructions (got mine yesterday)and it seems like we're gonna have in the neighbourhood of 17 or so C-Scots there, 2 days should be fun

DJ said:
Maybe check over the joining instructions again.   You don't want to leave kit at home assuming that it would be supplied.

DJ

oh ddon'tworry my issued PT gear is packed ready to go. The joining instructions says to bring my own gym clothing so iI'mbring that as well

Yeah marksman theres a few of us going. anyhow i will see you on course

B.McTeer

Issued PT gear? I never got that, it seems that there are a world of discrepancies as to what we are entitled to , and what we are issued, is there a list anywhere online where we can see what we are supposed to be given on initial draw?

well boys one more until we are all there, 2 two days until the sh*t really hits the fan and off we go, so ill see you all sunday i guess.

B.McTeer

ROGER that mcteer....S*** to fan contact in one day.
see you guys then

Legault out  :warstory:

Gonna be one helluva summer, can't wait to get it on, see you boys on the ferry :bullet:

That was an interesting read.  How many people remember sleeping in tents during times when the vedder 'almost' flooded, or marching from DTA to mess hall and back again with abatis practise logs, double-timing when no staff were looking so you could get a few extra minutes at the chow line?  The pull-ups to get into the bathroom, watching guys sneak down to the river?  And going back to those damn tents that leaked?  Or doing the 'catch-up' push-ups at night to fill the quota?  LOL.  Good luck to the instructors.

Chimo.

Well, one more hour and I'm off to the base.  I'll see you all there, let's make this BMQ rock.  :salute:

Back