• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chilliwack-BMQ

Think about it, McTeer.. unless there's a forest fire in C-wack, it'll rain on us. It's GOT TO! it's BC for jeebus' sake :blotto:

Pte (R) Legault said:
yes we(me and some of the other recruits), had a quick tour of the place on the weekend, while we were doing some pre-BMQ training, they look cozy enough :) the food was amazing though ;D

what did you do for your Pre-BMQ training?  as i do believe there is no way i will get to preview the upcoming events.

MIKEL If you have any more pics of the place or anyone for that matter i'd love to see them, my wife is intrested in seeing them, and to show my kids to let them see daddy new home for a month.

Sivad,
we did knot tying, a bit of drill, how to properly wear a uniform, how to cook IMP's ...just stuff like that.

im goin to bmq on july 4 at c-wack, is there a sq cource at c-wack too?

Yes there is an SQ course, two actually, one right after BMQ starting on Aug 1, and I think there is one for people who have already done BMQ running at the same time as the BMQ. but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Two SQ courses (serials 0512 and 0513) will run in Chilliwack during the period 1-26 Aug.  This is the same time as the other decentralized SQ courses will run elsewhere.

The only SQ courses scheduled for earlier in the summer (for those who completed BMQ during the fall/winter) within LFWA are running in Wainwright.  Serials 0502, 0503, and 0504 commence 04 Jul and end 29 Jul; allowing the graduates to carry on and complete DP 1 trades training in Aug. 

Note: the above refers to PRes courses.

Whoo hoo. I just got word aswell that I will be attending BMQ and SQ in the Wack.  :threat: Im pretty stoked on that seeing as the base is a five minute drive from my house. whooo hooo. I did the pre basic training there as well, and like Pte Legault said, the food WAS AMAZING. So many choices and real nice people serving it to you. Super nice mess hall and Its within 30 seconds of our barracks. On the other hand, where we will be doing lectures and such is almost on the otherside of the base. The building looks pretty depressive, but it will work well. Goin there on tuesday to help the Sgt. set up the classrooms, so ya'll can thank me for the pretty lay out of all the stationary  :blotto:. All in all Chilliwack is going to be a great place to train. See ya in the field dudes :salute:

LordOsborne said:
Think about it, McTeer.. unless there's a forest fire in C-wack, it'll rain on us. It's GOT TO! it's BC for jeebus' sake :blotto:

I live 20 minutes west of Chilliwack, and I can assure you it'll be a pretty dry summer-- although there's been a few grey days with some sprinkles.  There's lots of water in the surrounding areas for cooling down though.

LordOsborne said:

That would be fun, fighting a forest fire in the middle of training

Well I got the word too that i'm in but I woun't be able to make Chilliwack  :(  course full is what i was told, oh well I guess i'll do it on the weekend seeing there isn't any more summer or full time courses coming up!  Man i would even drive across this beutifull country to get on BMQ  instead of doing weekend.  But i'm not waiting a hole year to do my BMQ either.  I guess the good thing is once my weekend course is done i will be ready to take some other courses in the summer.  I will be sworn in within the next couple weeks so that cool.

congrats, sorry to hear you won't be joining us in the Wack, yes the course is full 48 recruits in all, should be a blast, I'm sure your Weekend course will be a blast too, when does it start?

yeah dude sorry to hear it man. And I thought there was 2 courses running in the wack, or maybe Ive lost my mind

there should be 2 running, though it is possible that they are both full, I wonder there is any way to get sent to Alberta? perhaps they are all  full? that would be awesome!! Though not for our freind Sivad.

:warstory:

I am still waiting for my call to get in SQ, Wainwright (I hope) because I hear that I may go to Shilo for the SQ.

Pte (R) Legault said:
there should be 2 running, though it is possible that they are both full, I wonder there is any way to get sent to Alberta? perhaps they are all  full? that would be awesome!! Though not for our freind Sivad.

:warstory:

Hey i'd Travel to wainright to do my BMQ but i was told it was full First!,  maybe there's a navy BMQ i could do?  ;D.  I travel to kamloops on Tuesday to be Sworn in (24th) so i can finally relax a little knowing that i'm official now. 

P.S. Let me know how it goes for you guys down in the Whack!  Good Luck to you all!

Going to the 'Wack".  For those that have taken a tour of the base, what are the sleeping quarters like?
Also, Is there a gym or a pool? Just curious.  I have seen pictures of the base and it looks like a resort? I'll see you all there.

ROFLMFAO a resort hahahahahahahahahahaha.......... OK McTeer take a deep breath..... its not a resort the living quarters are 6 to a "shack" with single beds i know this cause my dad did his officer candidate training there.

Ive been inside the rooms and they are quite nice. Maybe your father stayed somewhere else because these are no shacks. They are 2 or 3 story buildings. The building I went into was where the Mcpl's were sleeping so they may be a little nicer inside but the building is the same. On the ground level there is a common room with a fridge, couches and a tv I think. Don't quote me on this because this is where the Sgt's and Mcpl's and such are staying. As for a gym and a pool, you have to cross the street and the Cheam centre is there. This used to be a base gym when CFB Chilliwack was actually a base. It is now privately owned. I know we do get some sort of discount for being military, it could possibly be free while on course but I wouldn't count on it.

Back