• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chilliwack-BMQ

aspiring_recruit

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering who is going to 'The Wack' for their BMQ this summer?. who's with me? :warstory:

04 July 05- August sometime. also the schedule says that BMQ/SQ is 8 weeks long, if that is correct how long is each course. I was told BMQ was 6 weeks, but that would leave a 2 week SQ....seems a bit short to me. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I'm not sure where "The Wack" is, I'll be heading to Shilo, Manitoba. One thing I know, though, is that BMQ is 4 weeks, and SQ is either 3 or 4 weeks, making the course 7 or 8 weeks.

'The Wack' is a local nic-name given to Chilliwack...hense the clever subject title, Chilliwack also being that place commonly refered to as 'That place in BC where they hold BMQ/SQ in the summer' ...end sarcasm. good luck in Shilo bring your skeeter reppelant

Both courses are a month long, something like 21 or 22 working/training days. 

I had thought the government closed down the base in the early 90's. It's good to hear that it is still used. My grandfather taught one of the engineering schools there, and it is where my dad was born. Plus we need an army base that isn't 2000 km from the pacific. Really. :)

Well, the only part of the base thats left is the ASU,  everything has pretty much belongs to the RCMP. We just use some of the RCMP training area/buildings for training now.

This Sucks I'm in a reserve regiment on Vancouver Island and i have to all the way to wainwright for training this summer, instead of hoping on the ferry and going to chilliwack i have to fly out to wainwright at the expense of the tax payers to train there.

B.McTeer

" i have to fly out to wainwright at the expense of the tax payers to train there."

Had you gone regular, you would be flying all the way to St Jean, Quebec.  What's the big deal?  If you don't want to leave home now and then, don't join.

why not ask for it in Chilliwack?, I was asked if I wanted to go to Wainwright, or Chilliwack. Of course the dates may be a bit different, can't hurt to ask

Land Force Western Area
Summer Individual Training Program
Proposed LFWA Summer Calendar as at April 20, 2005
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa_hq/it/calendar.htm

TCBF said:
Had you gone regular, you would be flying all the way to St Jean, Quebec.   What's the big deal?   If you don't want to leave home now and then, don't join.

Its just that it would be cheaper, i just dont get it. Im not complaining i just don't really get the extra $$$ doing that. ???

The wainwright BMQ starts tomarrow,  a couple guys from my unit are going to it(the ones that could) the rest are doing it later in Chilliwack.

Pte (R) Legault, I won't be going to chilliwack in the summer, already got my basic course done, but I did do it in chilliwack awhile ago. I'm goin to Ontario this summer for my QL3.

Hey, I'll be doing BMQ and SQ in the wack this summer. The course dates I got are BMQ July 4 - July29
and SQ is August 1-26. I'm going into North Van On Thursday May 12th (2 days from now) to swear in and get my kit. The army has even arranged for me to be picked up in Chilliwack(I live there) and driving to north Vancouver. I was also told there would be other people being picked up along with me, any of those people posting on this forum?

6 Field Engineering Squad. Here I come!! :cdn:

I will be going to 6FES on thurs night aswell, Sgt told me I was the only one from the valley I guess not....I'm in Mission, will you be joining us this weekend too, agent911?

Im not sure if I will be joining you this weekend or not. I know I would like too. I'll have to wait and see what the CO says when I swear in tommorow. What plans are in store for training this weekend anyways?

PAT platoon, I sent you a PM with a bit more detail, in a nutshell its BMQ crash course for us newbies, so that we're just that much ahead of the game.

When did you guys find out that your going to BMQ? I'm still waiting to hear something....... I finished all my testing in March, and haven't heard a thing yet.  will wainright in Alberta be holding another BMQ? or just chilliwack.  I am about 5 hours from Wack (us to live there too)

Back