• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changes to Clothing Online point system

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Sneaky.    :eek:rly:

So much for using those points before they expired.

----------------------

CANFORGEN 077/10 ADM MAT 03/10 301346Z MAR 10
CHANGES TO CLOTHING ONLINE POINT SYSTEM
UNCLASSIFIED

IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THE MANAGEMENT OF CLOTHING ONLINE AND UTILIZE DEPARTMENTAL FINANCIAL RESOURCES EFFICIENTLY. THE ANNUAL ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR THE CLOTHING ONLINE SYSTEM WILL BE ADJUSTED 1 APRIL 10 AS FOLLOWS TIER 1 (DEU) MEMBERS REDUCED FROM 600 TO 500 POINTS OF WHICH 200 WILL BE ALLOCATED 1 APRIL AND THE RESIDUAL 300 ALLOCATED 1 OCTOBER. TIER 2 MEMBERS WILL REMAIN AT 200 POINTS.

THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POINTS THAT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD INTO THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR WILL BE 300.

THE MAXIMUM ANNUAL ORDER QUANTITIES FOR SOME CLOTHING ITEMS HAVE BEEN REDUCED AND OTHERS WILL HAVE A MINIMUM DURATION BEFORE REORDERING IS PERMITTED. REQUESTS FOR EXCEPTIONS SHOULD BE MADE TO DSSPM 2-C7 (Name removed).

ARTICLES EXPLAINING THESE INITIATIVES WILL BE PUBLISHED IN BASE WING NEWSPAPERS AND THE MAPLE LEAF.

It would be nice if they expanded the program to encompass the issuing of green t-shirts and the sock system instead of us having to wait for our annual entitlement through clothing stores.

T-Shirts, boxers and socks should all be in that system.... I get lucky once and a while and find the day when they get Medium boxers in stock, every other time theres nothing on the shelves. You'd think the system would order MORE of a popular size.

Socks are in the system but they are the rough dress-type black socks not the softer polypro (?) sock system ones that are actually comfortable.

Found that out the hard way when 10 pairs of uncomfortable scratchy socks shows up at my door.

Whatever happened to those old 'socks wool, grey'?

I still have heaps here, wear them the odd time here in th house during winter, some are still new and unworn.

OWDU

There are two different grey wool socks in my inventory.

The first is the regular thickness general purpose sock that used to be the standard issue, but the grey socks now (that have a colour band at the top to show the size) are incredibly thick and only for winter warfare.

The general purpose issue sock now is med weight green in Canada and a thinner tan one overseas.

It's actually called the "sock system" and if used properly works out pretty well to keep you at the right temperature and sans blisters.

Overwatch Downunder said:
Whatever happened to those old 'socks wool, grey'?

I still have heaps here, wear them the odd time here in th house during winter, some are still new and unworn.

OWDU

whats your size Wes I'll send you a care pack of new grey wool ones?

my72jeep said:
whats your size Wes I'll send you a care pack of new grey wool ones?

I think you have it backwards.  Wes may be able to send you the care package.  ;D

I work with Cadets we still issue them. have lots.

Occam said:
Sneaky.    :eek:rly:

So much for using those points before they expired.

----------------------

CANFORGEN 077/10 ADM MAT 03/10 301346Z MAR 10
CHANGES TO CLOTHING ONLINE POINT SYSTEM
UNCLASSIFIED

IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THE MANAGEMENT OF CLOTHING ONLINE AND UTILIZE DEPARTMENTAL FINANCIAL RESOURCES EFFICIENTLY. THE ANNUAL ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR THE CLOTHING ONLINE SYSTEM WILL BE ADJUSTED 1 APRIL 10 AS FOLLOWS TIER 1 (DEU) MEMBERS REDUCED FROM 600 TO 500 POINTS OF WHICH 200 WILL BE ALLOCATED 1 APRIL AND THE RESIDUAL 300 ALLOCATED 1 OCTOBER. TIER 2 MEMBERS WILL REMAIN AT 200 POINTS.

THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POINTS THAT CAN BE CARRIED FORWARD INTO THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR WILL BE 300.

THE MAXIMUM ANNUAL ORDER QUANTITIES FOR SOME CLOTHING ITEMS HAVE BEEN REDUCED AND OTHERS WILL HAVE A MINIMUM DURATION BEFORE REORDERING IS PERMITTED. REQUESTS FOR EXCEPTIONS SHOULD BE MADE TO DSSPM 2-C7 (Name removed).

ARTICLES EXPLAINING THESE INITIATIVES WILL BE PUBLISHED IN BASE WING NEWSPAPERS AND THE MAPLE LEAF.

Did anyone except me also notice that Logistik-Unicorp shut down their website on 30 March? A few of us here on course tried to login to "use" our points prior to their midnight 31 March expiration ... only to receive the following:

"Our site will be down from 30 March until 1200hrs 01 April in order to perform points-maintenance".

What the fuck? So we couldn't even login to use our points before they expired. And weren't able to get back in to Logisitik until AFTER they had expired.

THAT message above SHOULD have been cut and released well before Logisitik was authorized to close down their site to CF members seeking to use their points. But, it seems, someone missed the boat and so each and every individual in the CF who tried to login to use their points on 30 and 31 March ... got fucked out of them even though they do not "expire until midnight 31 March".

And no, Base Supply was not aware in advance that this was going to occur (especially that Logisitik would lock everyone out on 30 March vice midnight on the 31st) so that they could pass it on to individuals and Units.

I know this because I have the print screens of the "Sorry, we're closed from today (30 Mar) until 1200hrs 01 Apr so you can't use your points" message from Logistik printscreened and copied into the email that I sent to 3 Base Supply Clothing sections across the country asking if they had been advised in advance that Logistik wa going to lock people out of their accounts a day and a half before their points expired. All three received sweet fuck all in the way of notification in advance of the actual lockout occuring.

So, sneaky, yes!! But, cutting a message about it the very same day when members were already locked out of their accounts and thus unable to use is just plain evil.

And, I didn't login "to use my points" on the 30th because of this message  --- I logged in to use my points on the 30th to use my points because that's when I do it every year ... except this year it seems.

That's akin to the TB taking away your budget on the 30th at lunch even though your budget doesn't expire until midnight on the 31st without warning. Bullshit.

So, quite contrary to what the CANFORGEN states: "THE ANNUAL ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR THE CLOTHING ONLINE SYSTEM WILL BE ADJUSTED 1 APRIL 10 ..."

That adjustment actually occured effective 30 March in Old FY ... because we were all "locked out" of Logisik on 30 March. I hope the bean counters take into account BOTH fiscal years that they affected when sending up their "bean counts" to higher.  ::)

Grey socks, as per the type OD is requesting are still on my personal clothing profile. And hence still part of the issue for dress clothing, but not part of operational clothing given at clothing stores.

Not to specifically saying Petamocto is wrong, but perhaps he is mistaken.

I guess there must be some logical reason to limit everyone to a certian level.

For me its max 500 points. A quick calculation gives me the ability to purchase through points:
2 LS shirts
2 SS shirts,
2 pair pants
1 SD coat (tunic)
1 pr boots
1 beret
with over 100 points left over to get belt, socks etc.

SFB said:
Grey socks, as per the type OD is requesting are still on my personal clothing profile. And hence still part of the issue for dress clothing, but not part of operational clothing given at clothing stores.

Not to specifically saying Petamocto is wrong, but perhaps he is mistaken.

The "sock system" socks and the Clothing Online socks appear to be different (aside from the colour band, that is).

I have a new pair of the "sock system" grey socks (c/w blue band at the top to indicate size range) in front of me, NSN 8415-21-920-8206.  That NSN does not match any of the NSNs for the plain old grey socks (minus colour band indicating size range) on the Clothing Online site.  They could very well be made by the same Norwegian (the sock system grey socks are made by Safa Samnanger Fabrikker of Norway), but that isn't apparent from the Clothing Online site.

SFB said:
I guess there must be some logical reason to limit everyone to a certian level.

For me its max 500 points. A quick calculation gives me the ability to purchase through points:

The limit to carry over is 300 points.  That, added to your 2010/2011 points awarded (200) equals the 500 in your current balance.  It's likely you had more than 300 points in your balance prior to 1 Apr, but they've gone into the bit bucket.

ArmyVern said:
That adjustment actually occured effective 30 March in Old FY ... because we were all "locked out" of Logisik on 30 March. I hope the bean counters take into account BOTH fiscal years that they affected when sending up their "bean counts" to higher.  ::)

I'm of a mind to raise a stink about it next week.  I've been holding off on getting new uniforms as I've been dealing with knocking off some weight gained from quitting smoking a couple of years ago, and have been reluctant to get anything unless it's been absolutely required for a parade.  So, when I reach target shortly, I'm pretty sure I'll need a new gabardine, new H/W and L/W tunics and pants, and new L/S and S/S shirts.  That'll wipe out every single one of those 500 points.

What's the best way to complain about the burned points, short of a grievance?

IMHO, I think the system is totally idiotic!  I don't know which bloody tier I'm in, nor do I care.  I only wear my full DEU perhaps twice or thrice a year (|and not even long enough to need dry cleaning of the tunic and I can launder the shirts;  and I get tons of points and order only socks and piddly stuff.  I was even nice enough one day to use my numerous points to help out the civilian base band to just get my points down.  Then they gave me more, now they're taking them away and limiting those points to 300?? 

Gads, bring back the CUA or let us buy CADPAT online--which everyone seems to go thru about two pair a year..
                                    OR

Let us use the points at CPGear~~~~~

my  :2c:
:piper:

Is it me, or are the bean counting bastards in Ottawa really going the extra mile to screw and f**K the CF/PS every which way they can, from multiple directions at a belt fed pace as of late?  ie.  the plans to charge arms/legs for parking, cutting PLD where they can, buggering with the points so they won't be on the hook for as much clothing...... while at the same time they waste money on shit like the CNC pins we are stuck with for the year.  Every time I look up they seem to be clawing back here and booting us in the groin there every chance they get.  Bastards.  Christ! they don't even have the grace to have decent long johns available to the Navy on-line.... :rage:

jollyjacktar said:
Every time I look up they seem to be clawing back here and booting us in the groin there every chance they get.  Bastards.

You mean other than the pay raises, right?

Yes, for most of us.  Other than the pay raises.  But if you look to some of the folks, Ottawa for example, the pay raise was negated by the drop in PLD.

Not saying that you're wrong in terms of some things being cut, but overall it's hard to complain about how much money we make in the CF.

Pretty much the highest out of any western nation, really...and if you deploy it's a gold mine.

Back