• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changes, needed fixes in Cadets (merged)

Who do you think has the most influence on the major changes to cadets in the last few years?

• Total voters
For those of you who feel like youre out of the loop on an inside joke, Franko and I are referring to ...Varnish...or Sealer...dangit, whats his name? Oh yeah, Primers offer of a drink to me on the end of p.5 & beginning of p.6 in the "cadet para course" thread. Too bad Im underage...whats this thread about again?

Franco my point is that RCIS has opened all of the old "land OPS ARMY" courses to Air and Sea Officers in the CIC with the exception of one C7 RSO. Also you do need to have one CWIC Qual Officer to take cadets on any winter EX.And back to the "POP" thing my bad....

They let CIC officers be RSOs on C7 Ranges...Sound kinda dangerous, wait... now that I think about it there are some that I wouldn‘t be completely nervious about.

Anytime I was on the range I was the OPI and OIC practice because the CIC RSO wasn‘t up to par on the proper drills. It got to the point that it was determined that a CLC qualified Cpl MAY be an RSO if his CO and ACO agree. I was given the position.

As for Air and Sea CIC getting in on training, sounds good to me.

Regards

Scott937.....

BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaa
:D

Regards

Franko, do you mean the cadet CO or regimental CO? Also (all) what have you heard about ret‘d CF members as CIC officers? What qualifications can they use in cadets?

Both of them.

As for their qualifications, it only takes a few months of training to get a reg force officer up to par for CIC tasks. Normaly they just sit back and analize the corps, how things work..the personalities involved etc before jumping in. Caution is always the best thing, as is taking it slowly for the first few months to get the corps and the officer acclimated to their new position.

All of their training in the Regs carries over to the CIC world. If they retire as a Capt or Maj they keep the rank, unless something has changed in the past 5 months in the CATOs or CFAOs.

Regards

The only issue I could see surrounding that (and I‘m not sure if it applies to Reg Force members-gone CIC, but it applies to substantive Majors in the CIC)is that apparently the CO must be the highest rank. Even in corps where there are Lt‘s as the CO, if a Captain comes in, and isn‘t being the CO, they take a rank reduction (and pay!).

When people get promoted to Major out here on the west coast in the CIC, apparently they have to sign something that essentially says, "I will not work with cadet corps after my term, yadda, yadda, yadda" then they been their rank after they step down, but they can‘t work with the corps anymore.

I‘ll look a little more into the technical aspect, but I believe that‘s the way it was explained to me...

CH

The CO can be equal rank, and lower payscale, but there cannot be a higher rank you‘re right

Looking it up in the QR&Os....wait out.

Regards

Please be paitient. I was quite busy today and couldn‘t do any research on it at all. I will find it...hopefully soon. :rolleyes:

Regards

Anyone else can chime in if they have the subject matter at hand. Just extremly busy right now...still searching now and then.

Regards

working with your TA‘s and getting to understand them will help out.Not banging heads.As I have for over 1.5 years.Working out your problems and not holdng it in. Now I can call Him a Friend after working it out....

Thinking before you act is allways good

Cheers

If this has already been said then disregard this post.

I feel that Air Cadets as well should be able to handle C7‘s. By handling I meen doing drill AND shooting with them.

thats not going to happen in any way shape or form, too army and people (mainly the league) wouldn‘t like it.

besides, that‘s more the army cadets side anyways ( I don‘t think its a bad idea ) just like the sea cadets get to do lee enfield rifle drill ( air only gets to if in a flag party), every element has certain things , the air side is young but also is being the guinea pig for things like leadership, etc to develop things for the other elements. We‘ll see where the CCM goes in 2007/8. When all 3 programs will be re written.

Didn‘t have time to read all the posts

Back in the 80‘s we took a selection of cadets with us on gun camp and they crewed 105mm howitzers and carried the FNC1‘s doing live fire on both, generally 1-2 cadets per gun. these kids knew they were being given a big chance and all them worked very hard to prove themselves, they made all the typical mistakes of someone young and we made sure that 1 person was detailed to buddy with each. As the Gun commander I was very pleased with them and would have had cadets back on my gun anytime. Many of these cadets moved on to going both the regs and the reserves. Frankly I think we are wasting a wonderful resource of career soliders. We should base it on the "boy soldier concept" (the joy of being politically incorrect!)

Colin...so you think we shouldn‘t support the cadets..or should we?

Your note was a bit cryptic and I‘m anxious to go to Vienna...3 hours to go.

Regards

Colin, I like where your going with that. I think that real military people would maybe have a different view of the cadets if they were given more chances to try things like that (firing howitzers), it could give the bad apples something to look forward to and something to try for, any thoughts?

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Colin...so you think we shouldn‘t support the cadets..or should we?

Your note was a bit cryptic and I‘m anxious to go to Vienna...3 hours to go.

Regards [/qb]
Franko while you are sipping one of those wonderful beers, think of me! Are you going to use the line "I may be dead soon and need to make love to you " on one girls there?

Glad to hear you are getting some free time to play.

the answer to your question is YES I do support the Cadets (I was an anchor-cranker), they are an important part of our heritage and we need them to bring the concept of military service as a good thing into our communities. The more the miltary is cut off from the public, the easier it is to cut the military, we learned this lesson the hard way on the Coast Guard ships. Serving soldiers should see working with cadet as a mentoring activity, similar to the sort of thing that police and firefighter do. If you can reach the kids and educate them, before they get the "Disney world view" then we will have a good source of recruits and supporters at the voting booth.

Good point Colin...I‘m glad you finally came over from T Net with George...

My name for the next 4 days will be Karl G.. :D

Regards

Back