• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changed

M.G

Inactive
Reaction score
[size=10pt]Hey everyone. I was just wondering  since the new change to apply to Canadian forces for regular force is done online now and you cant go to recruiting centers without them saying you must go online. How long or what is an estimate time frame that I could be waiting just to get tested and do my aptitude test? Like say  maximum wait time 5 years before hearing anything. I'm physically fit ( boxing, jogging 10 km, walking 25 km,weights).  I'm bilingual  I've passed my high school , I have graduated refrigeration and air conditioning  in college, also passed my block two.  I am a Canadian citizen  I'm part black, Native, and Scottish. The reason I'm asking is because I just don't really like the whole way its done now. I apply online. I have my schools fax my transcripts, I go somewhere to fax my  birth certificates and all that jazz to this place called Virtual Recruiting Center, I mean that it self just doesn't sound right it feels like a computer just grabs the sheets sticks it into another computer and chooses if you should be given a chance to be looked at or not.  I understand that seems a bit over board and it is, like I said i'm just curious. if you have the patience to reply without saying this has been gone over in other posts a thousand times I'd greatly appreciate it. [/size]

I'll be as helpful as I can based on my own application experience. Should you have any follow-up questions to the other responses you'll receive in addition to this one, please consider choosing a different font colour, as the contrast selection may be difficult on the eyes. (I'm on an Ipad right now, but it's a little straining on my Toshiba also.)

Yes, the initial application process is done online.  However, as your application progresses, people, and not just computers are actively involved.  I'm not sure how to interpret your post regarding faxing your supporting documentation, but I had no difficulties in sending mine. I also had no difficulties with conforming to their request on how/where it was to be submitted. (What you may want to do, also, is personally request copies of your transcripts so you can have them on hand and send all of your documents yourself, rather than some from you, some from the school.  Some schools will only release 'official' transcripts to potential employers and not to the specific student, but there can be exceptions.)

The time frame from initial application submission to first contact from CF personnel varies. I personally can't give you a specific period, but others can narrow it down.  I've read different answers to this question. There can be several factors involved (trade selection & availability, when you submitted, etc). 

I don't believe ethnicity will play any role in you being hired or not.  Bilingualism will be beneficial, your grades, as well as your test scores.  Your post-secondary education may or may not be relevant depending on what trade you apply for.  Your level of physicality will be very important come that portion of the hiring process.

There are some very useful threads in these forums. I'm sure you'll be able to find thorough answers to most, if not all, of your concerns.  Best of luck!

Back