• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Change Occupation Choices ( merged )

Asked and answered several times here.  If Infantry is what you want, wait for it.  A transfer to another trade is never guaranteed and can also be a long process.  Most people seem to be waiting for a while, regardless of whether a trade is open or not.  Read some of the application process samples.

Just to add a small point to backup with PMedMoe said, IF you get in "trade you don't want", you are looking at 3-4 years MINIMUM before you can apply for an Occupational Transfer as a NCM.

And, it is just that; an application.  Many reasons and factors could result in your application NOT being selected.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

So one quick question.

As you can see by my signature, ACISS is my first trade choice. I made this choice based on my extensive experience in 'similar' jobs in my civilian career. My conundrum is that I am getting the distinct sense that the ACISS trade is in a bit of disarray right now and (based upon what I can read here) it seems that many in the trade are dissatisfied by the amalgamation of the signals trades and the fallout since amalgamation.

My interview is booked for tomorrow, at this time is it too late to add/drop/amend my trade choices? Or can I address my concerns with my interview at the RC without setting my application back?

I want to make the right trade choice, but I don't want to be jumping into a rats nest either.
Thanks

Good day,

You will need to contact your local Canadian Forces Recruiting Center to confirm their policy for requesting changes in the occupational choices or entry plan that you've requested on your application. Before making any request to change your occupation(s) or entry plan ensure that they are the changes that you want to make. Once you've requested changes be made to your application the current processing of your application pauses and will need to be reevaluated to ensure that you meet the requirements of the newly requested occupation(s) or entry plan.

As the interview is based on the occupations on your current application ensure that you mention your intention to change your occupational choice at the beginning of your interview.

I thank you very much for your reply. That was most informative.

One more question... when they interview you do they base the interview on your suitability for all 3 of your trade choices or just your first choice?

:cdn:

Good Day,

As stated in my previous response the interview is conducted based on the entry plan and all occupational choice(s) that you have made on your application.

If you want to add or omit occupational choices, you need to let your local Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre Detachment know well in advance. I suggest that you call them immediately to let them know of the changes. If you do not let your detachment know, they could cancel your interview.

Hello,

I was curious if I was able to change my trade during application process. I am currently in the infantry officer stream program however I was thinking perhaps another trade. Would I get an opportunity during the interview stages to see if I can advance?  OR should I contact me recruiter as soon as possible.

Reserve6 said:
Hello,

I was curious if I was able to change my trade during application process. I am currently in the infantry officer stream program however I was thinking perhaps another trade. Would I get an opportunity during the interview stages to see if I can advance?  OR should I contact me recruiter as soon as possible.

This may help.

Changing occupation choices 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/115424.0

Reserve6 said:
Hello,

For a Reserve Force application, you need to speak with your local Brigade Recruiter and or the local Reserve Unit Recruiter.  Only they can advise you on this as they control the positions that they will be hiring for.

Hi,

I've gone through every steps of the recruiting process as a NCM. I'm currently waiting for my medical file to return from Borden, Ontario. The waiting time is not really the issue.
The thing is in the meantime, I've started university (might as well do something while waiting) and I'm really starting to think about going to the Military College as an officer.

My question is: Is it possible to change during the recruiting process. All my tests would be the same, except the interview (which I'm ready to take again)? Or do I have the cancel my current application and start the thing fresh?

Thank you for your advice and your time,

P. Cuerrier
CF Candidate

As you are now starting university, RESEARCH will be something that you will have to do to achieve the grades you will require to join the CAF as an officer.  Research shows initiative on your part.  You have in fact asked a very similar question to this a year ago.  Please refer to the answers you were given then.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/115338/post-1312500.html#msg1312500

Topic LOCKED and merged.

PCuerrier said:
Hi,

I've gone through every steps of the recruiting process as a NCM. I'm currently waiting for my medical file to return from Borden, Ontario. The waiting time is not really the issue.
The thing is in the meantime, I've started university (might as well do something while waiting) and I'm really starting to think about going to the Military College as an officer.

My question is: Is it possible to change during the recruiting process. All my tests would be the same, except the interview (which I'm ready to take again)? Or do I have the cancel my current application and start the thing fresh?

Thank you for your advice and your time,

P. Cuerrier
CF Candidate

You just need to contact your Recruiting Centre and ask for the change to be made.

Can I move up my ED tech and Infantry to first and second and add vehicle tech as my third. After my CFAT test I sat down and spoke with my career counselor and I mentioned possibly removing ED Tech and adding Vehicle Tech in there instead and he said he could as I qualified for that as well but instead told him to leave it as is.

But I decided to consider a fourth option before hand in case one of my first options were to close so I could move up my list and bring it in as my third, is this possible?

Sk94 said:
Can I move up my ED tech and Infantry to first and second and add vehicle tech as my third.

This may help,

Changing Trade during Application Process 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/115338.0/nowap.html

Change in Occupation choices?? 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/63447.0.html

They dont take in consideration the order you put your trade on. No matter wich one is first or second in your trade list, its all depend on the need of the CAF. So if you put 3 trades be prepare to answer question for all those in your interview when it come .  :subbies:

Pwegman said:
They dont take in consideration the order you put your trade on. No matter wich one is first or second in your trade list, its all depend on the need of the CAF. So if you put 3 trades be prepare to answer question for all those in your interview when it come .  :subbies:

As a matter of fact, they do and will take the order of your occupation choices into consideration. 

They only considered my first occupation choice when I got scheduled for my medical

I'm from the caribbean, and has a keen interest in joining the Canadian military,how do I go about filling out my applicantions. Seeing that I'm a non national of Canada would I be considered for same. Note well I'm a serving police officer back in my native country ,Grenada the isle of spice

Shaz25 said:
I'm from the caribbean, and has a keen interest in joining the Canadian military,how do I go about filling out my applicantions. Seeing that I'm a non national of Canada would I be considered for same. Note well I'm a serving police officer back in my native country ,Grenada the isle of spice

To apply to the Forces, you must:
1.Be a Canadian Citizen.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#who

Hi there first time poster.

I recently applied for the forces did my test and passed with very high grades that I got an interview scheduled in 2 weeks already. At first reading how everyone had long wait times I applied into 3 in demand jobs but seeing as how I should apply in jobs that would make me move more and not sit at a comouter behind a sensor screen I would like to change my 3 choices. My end goal is to join the SAR tech and would like a job that would help me with that and keep me moving while being in the navy. I want to apply in MP, weapons engineer and something else.

How do I go about changing these choices and cancelling my interview?

I imagine calling my recruitment center in Montreal but they are not good on the phones after 60 failed called attempts for a past issue. would an email be proffessional enough for such detailed requests?

Back