• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CH47 Chinook

BulletMagnet said:
I didn't know anyone in the Airforce had a "good" side...  ;D

DOH!  The other 14,249 do...  ;)

Good2Golf said:
I just hope the folks with the unit will be able to handle all the poking and prodding everyone will want to do when the beast shows up on the line.  The PA folks may actually have the busiest job of all....Strike, did you hear that? ;D

Cheers
G2G

Does that mean I'm going back to Pet in the future?  If it means working together I won't argue!  Of course, knowing the system they will probably send some Navy guy who's never even been in a helicopter, let alone in the front seat.  ;D

beenthere said:
You Loachman.--weren't unreasonable. :salute:

Wow, thanks alot for that.  ::)  (Insert name of a certain body part here)

Everything I said is simply based on policy and actions determined by bigger heads than mine.  I don't believe I formed an opinion either way as to whether or not it was good or bad.  Just because you don't like the policy doesn't give you the right to call me unreasonable.

And before you say that you did no such thing, given that Loach, you and I were the three main participants of the past few posts and you singled him out for NOT being unreasonable, that would infer that I was.

beenthere, you've pissed me off by essentially acting as if my posts are ridiculous blather.  Given the trade I'm about to OT to, spouting off about things I know nothing about would serve me no good.  Just because you don't like what I have to say and it doesn't conform to your way of thinking and of how things were done when you were in doesn't make it unreasonable.  Grow up.

Mods, I would like to say that I apologize for my outburst, but given that I post in this way rarely, if ever, I will do no such thing.

I generally take "being unreasonable" as a compliment.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw

Loachman said:
I generally take "being unreasonable" as a compliment.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw

Thanks Loach, but I'm still pissed off at bt.  I'm unreasonable even though what I've been saying is essentially what G2G said?  But bt listens to G2G and not me?  He does realize that women have the vote now right?

Aside - Mind you, that quote may go well with that essay I'm writing for my next belt test.  Thanks.  ;D

Strike, please tell me that you can sleep well at night.

This currant scourge is (by his profile) a 63 year old retired flight engineer.
He has opinions.
His opinions, where relevent, are valid.  In this case... ~shrug~ your call.

At the end of the day, do you really care?

[size=8pt]For disclosure, I've been aircrew (with a really cool full wing with crown) without being a pilot or a flight engineer -- my parents were married [yes, that lets out Loadies].

I know his opinions are valid.  I've read his history.  I just don't like someone saying my comments don't mean squat then have another poster repeat what I just said and have them treated with respect.  Up until I told him to "grow up" (during my rant) I think the only serious show of annoyance I had towards him was to tell him to "let it go."

I don't like being treated like I'm sitting at the kids' table.  I may be younger than him but my posts are still valid and should be acknowledged as such.

Oh, wait, I did say he was old, but that was back when he started rambling on about 450 stuff from when they began their existence.  That was in jest and was taken as such.

As for sleeping, the chest cold isn't helping matters.

Strike said:
I don't like being treated like I'm sitting at the kids' table.
Are you kidding me??!! This is where the party is!!  ;D

As for sleeping, the chest cold isn't helping matters.
I'll leave that to PMs  >:D

Update attached - a bit of an extension for RFQ for the Chinook support facilities from April 20 to April 27, 2010. 

Journeyman said:
[size=8pt]For disclosure, I've been aircrew (with a really cool full wing with crown) without being a pilot or a flight engineer -- my parents were married [yes, that lets out Loadies].

Hmmm....that most likely rules out conception under the Tide box...are you sure we're talking about you?  ???

Strike, not to ding AF types, but I have seen a number of switched on PAOs who happen to be wearing the uniform of the senior service, as well.  Be kind to BT, he's not that so bad in real life...and I dare say, even a little less crusty than the slightly more youthful JM. ;)

Cheers
G2G

Good2Golf said:
Hmmm....that most likely rules out conception under the Tide box...are you sure we're talking about you?  ???

Strike, not to ding AF types, but I have seen a number of switched on PAOs who happen to be wearing the uniform of the senior service, as well.  Be kind to BT, he's not that so bad in real life...and I dare say, even a little less crusty than the slightly more youthful JM. ;)

Cheers
G2G

Crap!  Don't let my brother hear you say that!  That's all the Navy needs is another one of us kicking around.  Mind you, I think I'd look pretty darn cool in black and the name certainly fits.

This from MERX:
.... The Government of Canada has planned to purchase four (6) US Army CH-47D aircraft. In order to effectively use the aircraft, a rigorous training plan for Canadian Forces (CF) personnel has been established in Wilmington, Delaware.

To assist the Department of National Defence (DND) in renting accommodation in the most economical manner, it is the intention of the Government of Canada to solicit offers from accommodation properties in the form of daily rates for one and two bedroom suites with kitchen. The accommodation supplier will offer accommodation to DND within 15 miles of the Boeing Training Center, located at 17 Penn's Way, New Castle, Delaware ....

Deadline for bids:  24 Aug 10 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time EDT

Four more, in addtion to the new Foxtrots--or from those Deltas now at KAF after the departure?

Mark
Ottawa

MarkOttawa said:
Four more, in addtion to the new Foxtrots--or from those Deltas now at KAF after the departure?

Mark
Ottawa

correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the D's in Kaf loaners until we got our new ones? or did we buy them?

People have been known to cut and paste from old docs and not catch obvious mistakes before sending them out to be published.  I suspect this may be the case here.

dapaterson said:
People have been known to cut and paste from old docs and not catch obvious mistakes before sending them out to be published.  I suspect this may be the case here.

Indeed.  :nod:

Canada has six (6) D-models in KAF that it purchased outright from the U.S under a foreign military sales (FMS) agreement.  I suspect the MERX posting is in relation to technical training for these aircraft.

The Canadian government is on record as stating that it will dispose of (sell) these six Chinooks upon completion of their mission in Afghanistan, separate from the announced contract to procure 15 new-build CH147F Chinooks.

Cheers
G2G

G2G,

Any chance we'll keep the D models post Afg? I know that O&M costs would probably not allow that but I bet there are a lot of potential uses for 6 more airframes. Just dreaming...

MG

Mortar guy said:
G2G,

Any chance we'll keep the D models post Afg? I know that O&M costs would probably not allow that but I bet there are a lot of potential uses for 6 more airframes. Just dreaming...

MG

Don't think so, MG...it would kind of be like keeping a few of the old Labs, when the Cormorant came on line.  That the D's look similar to the CH147F to come, externally, is just that, visually similar.  The internal systems are significantly improved in the F's, including significantly modernized digital avionics suites and upgraded systems, particularly flight instrumentation, airframe construction, and fuel, electrical and protective systems.  Keep in mind, the D's are rebuilt C's and B's and themselves are pushing 30-35 years in age, or more, and keeping them going at the same time as aircraft with a physically different structure and systems would likely dilute effectiveness of maintenance and operations, as opposed to improve it.  I would think that the reinvestment of proceeds from the sale of the D's, even if returned into the Government's receiver general's account (vice DNDs operating budget) would be the most responsible use of the taxpayers' money.

Cheers
G2G

Back