• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFRC Staring to tick me off

bradlupa

Inactive
Reaction score
O.k. about three weeks ago I got the call from the recruiting center and told that it was a curtisy call, he gave me my dates for BMQ and swearing and in told me that he would call back the begining of next week.  That week came and went, so I called and found out that my enrollment date was moved to the 13th and that he would be calling with more details the on monday of this week.  Guess what! No call.

So, Called back this morning after I had a missed call on my cell phone with their number on it.  Much to my dismay they said that no one had tried to get ahold of me but not to worry my file was still in his drawer. 

Does or has this happened to anybody else. I can understand that they are busy and i'm not the only person. But as far as I know, they don't have automatic dialers.

Just getting frustrated as in the booklet for CFRLS it says I need to have my luggage there 3 weeks in advance.  Is that so or have things changed.

Comments?  :-\ 

1. Get used to things not going according to plan.
2. Don't title this thread as you have and put your picture as your avatar.

bradlupa said:
the booklet for CFRLS it says I need to have my luggage there 3 weeks in advance. 

That must be something new?

Correct, me if i'm wrong... Isn't one of the army's mottos, Hurry up and wait? or is that just a generalized statement for the forces. Sometimes, things happen faster than they should and sometimes slower. It all depends of everyones work load. As much as the CFRC is suppose to be there to help you, you aren't the only person that wants a job in the forces. Rest assured they didn't forget about you! for instance, I was told i'd be waiting 3 - 8 weeks for a reply from the RMO. I got merit listed 4 days or so after I handed it in, and got the offer yesterday (so that's roughly like what 6 or 5 business days? and I got a the offer about a week from when i handed it in.

So patience is a virtue. Just flow with it.

and best of luck.

Yes It does say that luggage should be pack and sent 3 week in advance.

Annex E Section H

Link

Read it carefully it say's "Packed and sent your unaccompanied baggage (at least three weeks in advance)." Unaccompanied Baggage(UAB) is different from your hand luggage you'll haul with you on the plane. Usually it has things in it you don't really need right away but you might like to have along anyway. Someone else with more recent experience might want to chime in on how useful it might be to you vs the hassle of having more crap to look after.

Just getting frustrated as in the booklet for CFRLS it says I need to have my luggage there 3 weeks in advance.  Is that so or have things changed.

That is for reservists who already have their kit, since they won't be getting issued new when they get there.  The list of items in the joining instructions that an off the street recruit would bring is limited to Annex B Part 1, which should all fit in one, maybe two bags.  Unless you are a reservist, in which case you also have to pack/ send the contents of Annex B Part 2.

Pg 8 of your joining instructions should read under the heading "Equipment"

Equipment
Two types of persons show up at CFLRS for
training: the personnel joining the CF and the
personnel who are already serving the CF,
(Reservist or member of the military college). The
two groups must bring the items listed in part 1 of
Annex B. As for the second group, they must also
bring all the items listed in part 2 of Annex B.

mariomike said:
That must be something new?

Very new...they apparantly even changed the name from CFLRS to CFRLS.

I clicked on this thread as I was curious what kind of *staring* the CFRC was capable of that was so annoying to the OP.  Thought maybe it was like...someone from the Det staff who was leering or something....

:)

O.k. so I made transposed to letters same difference.  But I recieved the call that I was expecting today and found everything out that I needed.

This topic can now either be deleted or locked. Don't care which

bradlupa said:
O.k. so I made transposed to letters same difference.  But I recieved the call that I was expecting today and found everything out that I needed.

This topic can now either be deleted or locked. Don't care which

Yeah the world is saved!

Back