• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT!

You can be a god at maths and still fail the maths questions.

A more structured approach would be to study the practise test and delineate from that how best to tackle it.

From my own musing and cross referencing the answers on-line, i.e seeing what the community had to say about them, the main point seems to be details.

Make sure you read the question

x and y...the old, soldiers(y) and officers(y) question...

For example, in a group of X and Y, how many Y are there. This may seem to be a straightforward archetype of a question but many people fail to take into account the WHOLE and thus would fail the question. The question is NOT : How many y would there be if there was a group of 10 x  (How many X are there if 9y = x)

In short just read every question and ask your self two questions

What is this question asking me?
What is this question NOT asking me?

Also, I have not taken the cfat yet, this is all mere thought-experiment....but a thought experiment that may just save your life...

Treemoss said:
Honestly just know your long division, decimal division, long multiplication/decimal multiplication annnnnd... a we bit of algebra. You'll be fine.

2014 june 16
                        i finally got my CFAT on the 24 of june beenstudying math for a month and a half and this im ready
                        infantry here i  come baby  :camo:

Jeff.Beach said:
2014 june 16
                        i finally got my CFAT on the 24 of june beenstudying math for a month and a half and this im ready
                        infantry here i  come baby  :camo:

Good luck !

I'm writing my CFAT this Thursday, which is scheduled for 8AM. However the recruiting centre does not open until 9AM. Just wondering if anyone knew what this was about? Will there be someone to let us in early?

thearchivist87 said:
I'm writing my CFAT this Thursday, which is scheduled for 8AM. However the recruiting centre does not open until 9AM. Just wondering if anyone knew what this was about? Will there be someone to let us in early?

They wouldn't have scheduled you unless they were going to have people there. I'm willing to bet the Recruiting Center staff do not show up just before opening at 0900.

Back