• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Uniforms

"Sorry if you take any offence to that. I just don't think that in a society as ours Officers and NCM should wear different uniforms, dispite traditon. What about the first two question? Thanks any way."

As far as I am concerned PO2s and bellow should still be in square rig! PO1s - Officers should be the only navy people with a peak cap and double breasted tunic.

That is what a sailor should look like, in mu humble opinion.

Does anybody know where I can find recent, 2005 dress and combat uniforms for all 3 elements? Including a fighter pilot's uniform? The ones I found looked old and out of date.

CF-22 Raptor said:
Does anybody know where I can find recent, 2005 dress and combat uniforms for all 3 elements? Including a fighter pilot's uniform? The ones I found looked old and out of date.

Yes, are you starting a display or something .

Not true in all cases....  If you are a purple trade attached to a green unit, you wear green despite what you wore before.

This is true if you are an Air Force RMS clerk attached to say......... the RCR. Then you will wear Army CadPat uniforms to work monday to friday.  However, you will notice that their rank on their green uniforms is AF blue, their nameplates are also AF blue, and on remembrance day, that clerk will fall in for parade in their AF dress uniform.  AF clerks attached to my unit also wear their blue berets (not sure about other units)

When you change element you also change uniform.  But now most of all the CF members wear the combats uniforms.  That what you will see the most.  But yes when you change element you change uniform.

In my opignon, the air force is the best and the have the cuties uniforms... ;D

pbi said:
I second Mike. This statement is wrong. You wear the DEU you were assigned when you joined. Changing units or commands has no effect. Takr a look at a Regular battalion on parade in DEU: Admin Company will look like a rainbow. The only Army units I know that have everybody in one colour regardless are Reserve units.

Cheers.

I wore Blue when I first joined.  I was in a purple trade at the time.  I then changed trades to another "purple trade" Logistics and was told since I was being attached to an army slate I would have to remuster to green.  I inquired at the time about staying blue but was told it was impossible.

And yes, I am talking about DEUs not combats.

Maybe the rules are different in the Regs than the Reserves.

George Wallace said:
I guess you didn't read the post that you quoted from pbi....did you?

I was agreeing that the rules may be different after relating my experience.  I guess you didn't understand my post fully...

dgrayca said:
I was agreeing that the rules may be different after relating my experience.   I guess you didn't understand my post fully...

Sorry

On the other hand, you really didn't relate your experience clearly.  You were CIC (Air) and this year you have joined the Land Force Reserves.  That makes quite a difference.  Of course you will have to change.

George Wallace said:

no problem

George Wallace said:
On the other hand, you really didn't relate your experience clearly.   You were CIC (Air) and this year you have joined the Land Force Reserves.   That makes quite a difference.   Of course you will have to change.

Well you are very right there.  Try finding the process from how CIC transfers to PRes or even Reg for that matter.  Most of these transfers take 12 to 16 months since nobody seems to be used to processing them or know what to do with them.  Even now that the CIC is no longer a subcomponent but falls directly under LFCA.

However, I still think it really has to do with where you are transfering to.  I know of CIC (Air) who are transfering to the Med Coy and have been told that they can stay Blue.

Which Blue?  Air or Navy?  ;D

Med Coys are made up from all three Elements.  You have joined an Army Reserve Infantry Unit.  Like any Cadet joining the Reserves, from whatever Element, they will take on the uniform of the Reserve Unit they join.

George Wallace said:
You have joined an Army Reserve Infantry Unit.  

I guess the thing I found different is that, yes, while I joined an Reserve Artillery  ;) Unit, I did not join as an Artillery Officer, but a Logistics Officer.  Being that Logistics is a purple trade and all....  but at any rate I think its clear that CIC to PRes has its own nuances.

dgrayca said:
I guess the thing I found different is that, yes, while I joined an Reserve Artillery   ;) Unit, I did not join as an Artillery Officer, but a Logistics Officer.   Being that Logistics is a purple trade and all....   but at any rate I think its clear that CIC to PRes has its own nuances.
Within the Army Reserve, the Log trades wear green, both DEU and combats.  The only exception I know of is the RSS which wear their colour of DEU.  We have had a Navy RQ and an Air Force Ops WO.  They wore their respective DEU on Bn parades.

Eowyn said:
Within the Army Reserve, the Log trades wear green, both DEU and combats.   The only exception I know of is the RSS which wear their colour of DEU.   We have had a Navy RQ and an Air Force Ops WO.   They wore their respective DEU on Bn parades.
Actually, AFAIK there are no "purple" trades in the Army Reserve: Army Reseve soldiers cannot be moved between environments against their will. Unlike their Regular counterparts, their careers are managed through the Army Res chain of command, rather than via the NDHQ ADM HR (Mil) career manager world. An Army Reserve Veh Tech, supply tech or RMS clerk will be "green" for their entire service unless they decide to transfer to a reserve unit of another environment. This used to be true of our Res medics too, but now that they are in their own "world" that remains to be seen.

Cheers.

I miss the tans......

At least back then, noone asked me which bus company I drove for......(seriously) :threat:

TM

Back