• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Rank

What[u] is[/u] or [u]was[/u] your rank in the CF?

• Total voters
Soon to be Sapper Recruit at the end of january I head off to Basic. Can't Wait!!!!!!  :) :salute:  :cdn: :warstory:

Stout said:
Soon to be Sapper Recruit at the end of january I head off to Basic. Can't Wait!!!!!!  :) :salute:  :cdn: :warstory:

My hat is off to the younger generation that is filing into the recruiting centers these days. You are choosing a very honorable and rewarding career!

Kevin Pascal said:
My hat is off to the younger generation that is filing into the recruiting centers these days. You are choosing a very honorable and rewarding career!

Thank you for the support. many of my friends can't believe that I have joined the CF, they think I am crazy for taking such a pay cut, however I have come to realize in my short 24 years of life that money isn't everything in life and if you want something bad enough you have to go for it regardless of what others may think of your choices.

There is a wide variety of choices when selecting your trade for both commissioned and non-commissioned entry. I strongly suggest that the young folks joining today do some research and select the right trade for themselves right from the start. I changed trades after 16 years and couldn't be happier than where I am right now. It makes me wonder where I'd be today if I had joined this trade a lot sooner though. ;)

I've been researching for about 2 years and have finally decided on Combat Engineer, I believe it is the best choice for a person such as myself and I think I have the skills to Excel in that trade.

Kevin Pascal said:
I strongly suggest that the young folks joining today do some research and select the right trade for themselves right from the start.

And there is nothing wrong with people changing trades a few times either. I'm on my second MOC right now and my experiences in it have lead me to put in my paperwork for a third. It was never a question of my first ( or current) trade not being "right" for me. having a good time is what lead me to think i could try something new.

CDN Aviator said:
And there is nothing wrong with people changing trades a few times either. I'm on my second MOC right now and my experiences in it have lead me to put in my paperwork for a third. It was never a question of my first ( or current) trade not being "right" for me. having a good time is what lead me to think i could try something new.

What's next?  ;D

All roads lead to Air Navigator...in our trade anyway

Woohoo, I just got my job offer for the Canadian Forces. 5year contract as a Combat Engineer, I get sworn in on the 18th of Dec and they fly me out on the 5th of January 08 to start basic on the 7th. I cant friggan wait. anyone else starting basic on the 7th? :warstory: :salute: :cdn:

Finally received my "promotion" to Private (trained).

Heheh...our pipe major, a CWO, just recevied his certificate on Wednesday...it was dated 1 July 200.  ;D

CanadianTire said:
Finally received my "promotion" to Private (trained).

Heheh...our pipe major, a CWO, just recevied his certificate on Wednesday...it was dated 1 July 200.  ;D

He's like 1800 years old.  Still about average for a CWO.

Shamrock said:
He's like 1800 years old.  Still about average for a CWO.

Nah... we just look old - from the weight of responsibility on our shoulders ;)

Your Pipe major is a CWO?
Is he also your unit's CWO/RSM?.. can't see him becoming a CWO any other way.­.. 

WRT his getting his CWOs warrant dated 200?... methinks your missing a digit.  However, I'd say that it is typical for it to take anywhere from 6 - 12 months to receive it.

Received my job offer and will be swearing in next week. Can't wait to start BMQ in Jan. I've written my Autobiography about 9 times over and have reorganized my suitcase about 20 times, guess I better find something better to do with my time while I wait, perhaps Christmas will fill some of that time

I'm always so curious about people who do dumb stuff on this site and get banned. (see above)
I just don't understand why they engage such nonsense that would get them thrown off. Faking your rank? That's just wild.

I'm not surprised that the majority of users of this forum appear to be in the lower ranks. As a OCdt myself,  I know I have a lot to learn and this is a great resource for finding information and getting leads on where to look for more. Plus, there are a lot of people in here who are long in the tooth. I've learned that if you ask them politely they will often share their personal experiences with you. Some will even offer advice and make recommendations.  Thanks.

geo said:
Your Pipe major is a CWO?
Is he also your unit's CWO/RSM?.. can't see him becoming a CWO any other way.­.. 

Many Reserve Unit's bands are separate units or at least have / had separate UIC's. This may be the reason they have CWO's in the PM role and Drummy as an MWO. It may also be a by-product of the tendancy to employ musicians at working ranks of Sgt and above.

I remember working alongside the RCA band ( Regular Force) in '94. As memory serves the Band had 50 some odd pers. They had a CWO, 2-3 MWO, a raft of WO and Sgts, plus the odd MCPL or two. The working rank appeared ot be Sgt.

Steel Badger said:
Many Reserve Unit's bands are separate units or at least have / had separate UIC's. This may be the reason they have CWO's in the PM role and Drummy as an MWO. It may also be a by-product of the tendancy to employ musicians at working ranks of Sgt and above.

I remember working alongside the RCA band ( Regular Force) in '94. As memory serves the Band had 50 some odd pers. They had a CWO, 2-3 MWO, a raft of WO and Sgts, plus the odd MCPL or two. The working rank appeared ot be Sgt.
Changes are in the works within the bands.
CWO rank will be phased out - highest rank a bandsman can expect to obtail will be MWO.
Within the band structure, Ranks are based on their level of competentcy.... but they have to take the NCO leadership courses the same as everyone else....

Back