• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF PLQ in Petawawa

AmmoTech90 said:
Did people fail that may have passed the same course had it be run to the schedule so they were not under more stress due to being tired and short on time, maybe.

I think this is a good thing to be frankly honest. It is a LEADERSHIP course. Leaders are not only expected but required to perform effectively under harsh conditions, our mission in Afghanistan is a stellar example as to why we need all leaders, in all trades, at all levels to have their shit wired tight. If someone couldn't handle the "extra" pressure of preparing a 40 min lecture on short notice, I for one would not want them anywhere near me on the field of battle, let alone in front of me.

I realise this is a bit off the original topic, but stronger leaders are needed more now so then ever, and to "lessen" the pressure on these courses does little benefit to anyone.

The move towards an army influenced leadership course for all members is in my humble opinion a step in the right direction.

Desert Fox said:
I think this is a good thing to be frankly honest. It is a LEADERSHIP course. Leaders are not only expected but required to perform effectively under harsh conditions ...

I have to agree wholeheartedly with my friend and fellow infanteer.

I am currently in an acting supervisory position with my work (for those who don't know, I'm a "border services officer" aka customs inspector), and I have had the opportunity to apply lessons that I've learned from the PLQ I was on last year.  The people I supervise have told me they'd like to see me get the job permanently.  They've told me that they are happy with my leadership style, most of which are straight off the "leadership principles" of the CF: lead by example, keep your followers informed, know your soldiers and promote their welfare, etc.  I feel the training I have (together with my experience at doing my job, and my confidence in the people I work with) prepares me well to deal with stressful or difficult conditions in my workplace.

The main difference that I notice in my civvy street job, compared to my army one, is that the "requirement" to perform is not reinforced in my civvy job.  Without berating my chosen field too much, I will jsut say that there is a lot of "that's not me!" and "That's someone elses job!" going on where I work, which I just don't see in the army as much, if at all.

Back