• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF and Afghani Law Question

Glorified Ape

Inactive
Reaction score
What are the regulations on CF troops and Afghani law? I assume they're subject to military law and not Afghan law - am I correct?

As far as I knew when we were over there the only law we were subject to was Canadian/CF law...

Mike_R23A said:
As far as I knew when we were over there the only law we were subject to was Canadian/CF law...

That's what I thought... I'm trying to find the regs for members overseas right now.

That might not be publicly availible, like ROE's...

Mike_R23A said:
That might not be publicly availible, like ROE's...

Really? I would have thought  it would be open information. Wouldn't the same general principles apply to troops in Afghanistan as they did to troops on other deployments?

I'm not a Legad so don't go by me, but I would think anything that could predict a CF response to a particular incident would be protected... there are others on this site like PPCLI GUY that could lend more first-hand knowledge than myself....

Mike_R23A said:

Partly correct.  Under Canadian law, QR&O 103.615 – OFFENCES UNDER LAW APPLICABLE OUTSIDE CANADA (http://admfincs.mil.ca/qr_o/vol2/ch103_e.asp#103.615 on the DIN) allows for a service tribunal to try a member for offences against local laws.

I don''t know if it's ever been used.

Status of foces agreement ?

I dont think Canada has one with afghanistan. 

Back