• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CER specialized

MaDB0Y_021

Inactive
Reaction score
Might sound a bit stupid, but anyway...

I just read the new Maple Leaf and there's an article about the EX Skilled Sapper and they talked about the 1 CER, saying that they're known as construction experts so I've been wondering if each regiment has their expertise or not.

Thank you

:cdn:

Each Regiment does pretty much the same thing. Bridging, watermanship, demolitions, mine warfare, etc, etc, etc.

I'd hardly call any CER "Construction Experts"  ;D 

Chainsaw carpenters and sledgehammer mechanics.  :D

392 said:
Each Regiment does pretty much the same thing. Bridging, watermanship, demolitions, mine warfare, etc, etc, etc.

I'd hardly call any CER "Construction Experts"  ;D

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply. For once, I thought they were the expert. And that video that I saw on YouTube of the 1 CER building a... Well, some kind of outpost in Afstan was showing them doing construction stuff.

MaDB0Y_021 said:
Might sound a bit stupid, but anyway...

I just read the new Maple Leaf and there's an article about the EX Skilled Sapper and they talked about the 1 CER, saying that they're known as construction experts ...
Was the article about 1 CER, or the Construction Troop within 1 CER?  Each regiment has one, it is really is where one finds the construction experts within each regiment.

MCG said:
Was the article about 1 CER, or the Construction Troop within 1 CER?  Each regiment has one, it is really is where one finds the construction experts within each regiment.

No, the article was about 1 CER and their EX Skilled Sapper, but at the beginning, they said that they were known for being construction expert.

But thanks for the clarification about the Construction Troop. I didn't know that.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/commun/ml-fe/article-eng.asp?id=6128

Having found the article, I think you were reading too much into it.  The "construction experts" bit was not a comparison of 1 CER to other engineer regiments, but more a comparison against the rest of the brigade (1 CMBG) or the Army in general ... the statement might have appeared in an article of any CER or of the CME as a whole.

Back