• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBC: Dozens of Taliban killed in Afghan Battle

Been there, done that

I've even been introduced to the Carbonear "Welcome wagon" ;)

Hunter said:
Same saying, just in a newfie dialect. :)

yeah.. sorry.. I was asleep at the keyboard last night..

re reading it..  sigh..  :(

Wes not all media are behind troops in the sandbox. 

One local radio here was not favorable about yesterdays "conquest".  The cynical announcer led into the story, saying for those who want to hear that Canadian soldiers killed xyz#'s of Taliban fighters, you will be please to hear that Canadian soldiers killed ....Stress on the word killed and the number dead.  He made it sound as if our guys are all killers. 

Made me want to go over to the radio station and take my pectoral cross and stuff it up his.... mouth. :threat:  Second thought make that the processional cross, its bigger.  Will hurt more.

Hmmm....
You should make a letter to the manager - stating that you are a private citzen who objects to the way the announcer (state name) made gratuitous comments that were entirely inapropriate... and encourage friends to do the same

IMHO

geo said:
Hmmm....
You should make a letter to the manager - stating that you are a private citzen who objects to the way the announcer (state name) made gratuitous comments that were entirely inapropriate... and encourage friends to do the same

IMHO
what he said. If you can get some of the station's advertisers on-side....

Its too bad no one has a recording. This does sicken me, but that is democracy, and we will always have 'alpha hotels' like this poor  'spinless' excuse of a person, as long as we have our freedoms paid in the blood from Canada's youth.

The best you can do is put it in wrting, complain, and maybe seek another media outlet who is willing to corner this person or run with what he has said.

Anyways, my 2 cents,

Wes

Its too bad no one has a recording.
If the station has a web site, there might be an archive of that news cast. rev, would it be possible to have the station?, I would like to see if they have a sight and see if there is an archive vault.

[spelling]

Back