• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAP Gagetown

Rigs

Inactive
Reaction score
They changed my course location - I am off to live in tent city on lovely Gagetown.

Any tips for making it eleven weeks away?

Also, anyone know where to find the joining instructions? The links on the portal are dead....

Rigs said:
They changed my course location - I am off to live in tent city on lovely Gagetown.

Any tips for making it eleven weeks away?

Also, anyone know where to find the joining instructions? The links on the portal are dead....

No worries, the eleven weeks will fly by, and you'll get a fair bit of time off in there I'm sure.  Enjoy it, you'll be laughing about how good a go it was by the end.

Bring a multi-tool, a Gerber or something, buy a lot of bug juice, bring a lot of chocolate bars into the field. It's an awesome course, pay attention, learn from your instructors, don't spin out, have fun, and keep positive control over your weapon! OH, and never go to to the 20/Twenty, no matter how cheap they make the beer.

warrior vegetable said:
Bring a multi-tool, a Gerber or something, buy a lot of bug juice, bring a lot of chocolate bars into the field. It's an awesome course, pay attention, learn from your instructors, don't spin out, have fun, and keep positive control over your weapon! OH, and never go to to the 20/Twenty, no matter how cheap they make the beer.
You have to go to the 20-20 at least once. After all seeing is believing.

Here is the course joining instructions,  for those who asked I'll be sending out the rest shortly (its a 550mb package)

Rigs said:

Hope you have a good bug bar (RETS usually puts out mosquito zappers (around their lines), otherwise make sure that your's doesn't have holes in it  ;D

Edited to fix typo

NL_engineer said:
Hope you have a good bug bar (RETS usually puts out mosquito zappers (around their lines), otherwise make sure that your's doesn't have ho;es in it  ;D

:eek: :eek:

Never mind... I don't wanna know!

Ok, on the kit list is a few intersting items (I always love kit lists, they are usually so ancient that even the instructors don't know a third of the items on them).

1 x Laptop Computer Baselined

We are to bring a Laptop from our unit that has the Baseline software installed???  Are there even network jacks in the tents...  ;D  "MCPL, my WIFI is down..."

I assume that item typically gets ignored? (Besides a personal laptop for memo's that some people bring).

---

1 x Gloves trigger finger (2 pieces, Winter only)

Old item I assume?  Never seen these.  Unless they are the old "penguin style" mits that are kicking around surplus stores.

Trigger mitts still exist but as the list states "Winter Only" you won't need it for the summer.

as for the baseline computer, I was the only guy on the course with one, and we had no din jacks to plug into, as for tent city, not bloody likely, your better off with one of your own for watching movies, memo's that sort of thing,  also there is a coffee shop in Oromocto, The Sour Grape, that has free wireless provided you are drinking coffee or whatever.

dangerboy said:
You have to go to the 20-20 at least once. After all seeing is believing.

I would have thought that place had imploded by now  :eek:

ArtyNewbie said:
as for the baseline computer, I was the only guy on the course with one, and we had no din jacks to plug into, as for tent city, not bloody likely, your better off with one of your own for watching movies, memo's that sort of thing,  also there is a coffee shop in Oromocto, The Sour Grape, that has free wireless provided you are drinking coffee or whatever.

RETS was talking about putting wireless in tent city, but I don't know if it was anymore then talk.

Cdn Avaitor the 20/20 is still going strong.

And to NL Engineer yeah from what I've been hearing it all talk and no action as of yet.

it could be done I suppose, maybe with one of the rogers wireless boxes, provided there is power in the tents, can't see why not though.  We all chipped in for a DSL line over in H3 and it worked well for us.

ArtyNewbie said:
it could be done I suppose, maybe with one of the rogers wireless boxes, provided there is power in the tents, can't see why not though.  We all chipped in for a DSL line over in H3 and it worked well for us.

Hahaha, are you telling me you provisioned DSL on one of the shack's phone lines while you were there?  If so, that is hilarious!

Cheers

ArtyNewbie said:

Heck if Rogers won't provide Highspeed to the shacks (yet you can get digital cable from them) what makes you think the would provide wireless?

Back