• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

canteen pouch issues

chriscalow

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anybody else have a hard time with getting their canteen back in its pouch? Especially on the move?  Does it drive anyone else as crazy as it does to me?  Ive tried mounting it horizontally and vertically on both sides of the tac vest and still have troubles.

(Im talking about doing this with one hand btw...)

Im tired of camelbak leaks, and the problem is worse trying 2 qt in C9 pouches.  And those canteen drinking straws are not to be trusted either.

Maybe im just all f*cked up, but im sure someone out there has had this problem. Any ideas?

And whats up with the canteen cup being so super tight in the pouch. Nothing worse than getting 10 min for a quick brew and fighting for 5 min trying to get set up, only to spend the next 5 trying to get it all buttoned up before stepping off without at least getting some warm ish fluids in.

I dont want this to be a tac-vest bashing, because until we get something better its all we have. Just insight or anything those of us that are impaired with this have come up with. Thanks guys.

Use C9 puches for your canteen, it works better.  If you really want to improve your situation ditch the canteen completely and go with water bottles.  They are smaller and less cumbersome.  I also hate camelbaks and prefer water bottles any day.

I tried the 2qt canteen in the C9 pouch, stupid idea and doesn't go well on the move at all. The drinking tubes for the canteen's, yeah, they suck too, you're not alone.

I personally use Nalgene bottles in place of my canteen, it fits alot easier but you won't get a canteen cup to go with it (I don't care myself). Then in winter time I bring out my thermos.

Actually there is a cup that fits the Nalgene bottles. Stainless steel and folding handle just like a canteen cup.

I use the 2 qt and straw for the warm months and my "thermos" canteen for the winter. Yah, the 2 qt is not the best option but it works for me.

Back