• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can't you just hear their knees jerking?

Shec

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
The latest in pandemic management planning from those clowns in Ottawa Silly Hall who couldn't organize a gangbang in a w****house:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/11/06/dnd-swineflu.html

Shec said:
The latest in pandemic management planning from those clowns in Ottawa Silly Hall who couldn't organize a gangbang in a w****house:

Next thing you know they'll want help shovelling out.:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/569281

There it is. dumbest thing I'll read today.

We have nobody left to do it either way.

A few thoughts on the issue in no particular order.

1. From where does Mr. Monette think the reserve medical people come?

2. Our municipality conducted its first clinic on Monday and innoculated 1006 people. Our population according to the road signs is about 13,000. There was some waiting as people were processed and given wrist bands and a time to appear for the actual shot before the clinic opened. Once they came back, things went smoothly and quickly. (This is based on the story in the local weekly and the conversation I had yesterday with a dad who took two young kids to the clinic while I was waiting for the clean air test on our car to be completed.)

3. Most of the delay is in recording personal information. This leads me to suspect that electronic records would have helped here. Hello Ehealth Ontario!

4. Most of the clinics in the province and perhaps the country could have used a good NCO in the planning and organization phase.

5. Last and not least, the comments section of the CBC piece did not fail to disappoint me.

I thought it was the stupidest thing i read today, until I read some of the comments:

'the army is useless and full of morns'  (yep, that's the individual spelling - quote was just removed from the article

'How about hiring student nurses/doctors etc.....I don't want someone who's job is being fully trained to kill, stabbing me with an item - thanks.'

I am surprised it has taken a week for someone to make this suggestion. I agree with one of the comments in the CBC story, "The CF is not a resource pool whenever governments screw up their planning".

People don't seem to be able to wrap their minds around the fact that it's not the shortage of medical personnel to administer it, it's a shortage of the vaccine. Get the military involved, there will just be a bunch of medics, doctors and nursing staff sitting around waiting for vaccines...Just like the civvy docs and clinics are right now.

xo31@711ret said:
I thought it was the stupidest thing i read today, until I read some of the comments:

'the army is useless and full of morns'  (yep, that's the individual spelling - quote was just removed from the article

Then you'll appreciate this response:

As for VgeeKldThDnoo; I believe you meant to say MORONS, not MORNS. But thanks for making me laugh today by counteracting your own point.

;D

kratz said:
I am surprised it has taken a week for someone to make this suggestion. I agree with one of the comments in the CBC story, "The CF is not a resource pool whenever governments screw up their planning".

I agree and it's a moot point anyway. The virus hit many communities well before the vaccination was available. Now, we've had months and months of all manner of health department communiques persuading us to take the vaccine; last Friday we were being told the vaccine was finally available but there's not enough to go around so only certain risk groups will get it. ::)

I figure I have  the hiney or the whiney--or whatever it's called and have had for a week or so--no I haven't been tested--just self-diagnosing based on whatever literature I can find and the fact that it's making it's way through my work place at top speed. One thing that separates this experience of the flu from others I've experienced is I have positively no appetite--that's very unusual for me even when sick.

So what would be the point in asking the military to help out when there's not even enough of the vaccine to go around?

If you have the chance to get the vaccine, I'd encourage everyone to do so. Only my opinion, but it's quite a miserable flu: you wake up every morning feeling like you've been kicked in the head and the throat and taken a pummeling to your chest area. There are some other symptoms associated with 'the hiney' but it would be rude to mention them in polite company.

-Can't see the point in going to the doctor and spreading the bug around the waiting room; since I haven't turned blue or gray yet and I'm still breathing (and whining on Army.ca)  I think I'm going to be lucky enough to survive.

Civilians got to love them. We don't hear from them until the poop hits the fan and then they ask for something foolish like this.

I'm just getting over the piggy flu, didn't think I had it until I was tested. I've had flu's before but this one kicked me like an angry mule, totally miserable, I had everything from the squirts to feeling like King Kong was sitting on my chest for ten days. Absolutely no appetite, I had to force myself to eat and drink. Now that its almost gone I wouldn't wish this piggy strain on anybody. Do yourselves a favour and get the shot if you can. I had to use my last seven days of sick leave from this year and borrow 4 days from next years batch. It's nice to be able to breath again!!

I like ServitiumNulliSecundus's posts. Just gave all thumbs up.

Back