• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cant Wait!!

Ugh, this wait is killing me! Hopefully my days as a waiter are numbered.

Today however, standing behind the bar, I had a wonderful opportunity to talk to a retired seargent. Great guy, served all over the place,  Egypt, Somalia, Bosnia, Iraq (desert storm), Afghanistan (soviet pullout), Lebanon. And i gotta say, I was thoroughly impressed. He was a really down to earth, no bull sort of guy. Definitely the sort of person you can look up to.

abo said:
Got a call! Aptitude test next Tuesday!   ;D

Good luck on your test! Don't worry too much about cramming, just get a good night's sleep!

abo said:
Got a call! Aptitude test next Tuesday!   ;D

Get a good night sleep and wake up early.  A healthy breakfast will surely help.  Good luck! ;)

Celticgirl said:
Good luck on your test! Don't worry too much about cramming, just get a good night's sleep!
apache2001 said:
Get a good night sleep and wake up early.  A healthy breakfast will surely help.  Good luck! ;)

This was sage advise! Thank you both!

I just got back from the center 10mins ago. I was told I did "very good". My recruiter was also optimistic that I would not need to have the security pre-assessment done (fingers crossed). So heres hoping I can get my medical out of the way and sit tight for BMOQ.  :)

abo said:
This was sage advise! Thank you both!

I just got back from the center 10mins ago. I was told I did "very good".

Good stuff! My advice comes from teaching university prep courses for a number of years. I figured that I should take my own advice before writing the CFAT, and it worked for me, too.  ;D

Celticgirl said:
Good stuff! My advice comes from teaching university prep courses for a number of years. I figured that I should take my own advice before writing the CFAT, and it worked for me, too.  ;D

Yehey! Teachers in the CF.  I was a math/CompSci teacher in the academe and likewise in high school.  ;)

Still waiting for a response on whether or not I need to get pre-screened. Born right here in Edmonton, lived here most of my life, except for 2.5 teenage years I spent with my parents in a present day hotspot. That was 8 years ago, the good folks at the recruiting center were optimistic I wouldn't need a pre-check but meh. Sept. 20th will be 3 months since I dropped off my application. Ill call them probably Friday just to check on things. At present it doesn't look like Ill make the January BMOQ. Next one is probably in the fall. Ah well.  (fingers crossed though)

Meanwhile, I'm going to do some some electrical engineering courses at the U here. I figure it wont hurt to know more about engineering, assuming I get my first pick (Marine System Engineering). Plus it'll keep me busy if I have to get pre-screened.    :boring:

My fitness regime is going so so. Hit the 30 push up mark. Still struggling with pull ups and my cardio is passable but not in the comfort zone yet. I made it a goal to lose about 15 pounds; im 175 lbs and 5,7; so I'm on the heavy side. Annoyingly enough after two weeks of moderate weightlifting Ive gained 4 pounds (DOH!). The difficulty Im having is finding the sweet spot of eating properly to maintain my bones and knees but still lose weight. I'm going to try doing less weights and run more staircases. I think I might also try a caveman diet temporarily. Only meats, veggies and fruit. No grains and nothing processed.

Thinking over the long run I want to be about 160 lbs, maintaining that through the years, I should be light enough not to put too much stress on my knees/ankles.

Still want to learn to swim better then just treading water!

abo said:
Still waiting for a response on whether or not I need to get pre-screened. Born right here in Edmonton, lived here most of my life, except for 2.5 teenage years I spent with my parents in a present day hotspot. That was 8 years ago, the good folks at the recruiting center were optimistic I wouldn't need a pre-check but meh. Sept. 20th will be 3 months since I dropped off my application. Ill call them probably Friday just to check on things. At present it doesn't look like Ill make the January BMOQ. Next one is probably in the fall. Ah well.  (fingers crossed though)

Meanwhile, I'm going to do some some electrical engineering courses at the U here. I figure it wont hurt to know more about engineering, assuming I get my first pick (Marine System Engineering). Plus it'll keep me busy if I have to get pre-screened.    :boring:

My fitness regime is going so so. Hit the 30 push up mark. Still struggling with pull ups and my cardio is passable but not in the comfort zone yet. I made it a goal to lose about 15 pounds; im 175 lbs and 5,7; so I'm on the heavy side. Annoyingly enough after two weeks of moderate weightlifting Ive gained 4 pounds (DOH!). The difficulty Im having is finding the sweet spot of eating properly to maintain my bones and knees but still lose weight. I'm going to try doing less weights and run more staircases. I think I might also try a caveman diet temporarily. Only meats, veggies and fruit. No grains and nothing processed.

Thinking over the long run I want to be about 160 lbs, maintaining that through the years, I should be light enough not to put too much stress on my knees/ankles.

Still want to learn to swim better then just treading water!

Be patient with the security stuff. It's taken me two years now with lots of paperwork being handed in. Living for years in one of the few remaining Communist regimes in the world raises some eyebrows.

Good idea to keep yourself busy during that time, working on fitness has been my main thing while doing part-time jobs and finishing off my academic programmes. Luckily for me though, I have a understanding wife who doesn't me not having a full-time job. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight gain since it could be muscle mass. Muscle tissue is more dense than fat so it's heavier. See if you can do one of those hand-held tests that tell you what your body fat percentage is and that should be a better indicator of where you are.

My big thing is just to be more active. I spend less time in a car if I can walk or bike there. I lost so much weight when I didn't have a car just because I walked everywhere. Living in a mixed-use neighbourhood rather than a insulated suburb also helped since everything was within walking distance. Staying away from processed foods would be a good idea. One thing that really contributed to my weight problem was the amount of sugar in my previous diet without realizing it. I used to drink a lot of juice, which I thought was healthy, but all the sugars, even natural ones, will turn into fat if not burned off. I'm a lot more careful now about what I eat and staying active, plus I'm getting to that age where it's easier to get wider without even knowing it.

GOt a call this afternoon!  ;D
No pre-assessment needed
Medical is on Wednesday Nov 12th followed by an interview!

abo said:
GOt a call this afternoon!  ;D
No pre-assessment needed
Medical is on Wednesday Nov 12th followed by an interview!

Good luck to you.

Hey Abo!

The waiting game is fun...  ;D
Wait, wait, wait, get a phone call, an appointment, get all excited  ;D, then wait again, wait again, wait again, get a phone call, get excited.... wait again and again...  still waiting... aaaaaaaaa!!!!! but it is all worth it!  ;)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the all the luck you guys it must have helped because I think that was the best interview I have ever given!  ;D , Probably because its meant to be that way, but I like to think its because I'm awesome :)

The med techs did ask me for more info from my doctor which Ive already gotten. Ill go drop it off tomorow along with a fresh reference which im about to go see my former boss about right now.

Oooo... now Im even more excited  :eek: .

You're right girlfriend the waiting is intense!!! i just cant believe I might actually be an officer cadet by mid January!

the_girlfirend said:
Hey Abo!

The waiting game is fun...  ;D
Wait, wait, wait, get a phone call, an appointment, get all excited  ;D, then wait again, wait again, wait again, get a phone call, get excited.... wait again and again...  still waiting... aaaaaaaaa!!!!! but it is all worth it!  ;)

Good luck and keep us posted!

LOL, this is so spot on. It's part of the application process - the waiting and it's what makes those phone calls all the more exciting! Good luck my friend.

Merit Listed! Aaaaaaaaaah!  :)

But now i must wait for the next NOAB.

Back