• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cant get into chat,and have a "recorded warning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidio

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,I cant get in the chat,and I have a recorded warning,does anyone know what that is?

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

Reading is good!

I seriously dont know why I got that warning,but I wont argue,I got no problem with it.Thx

Check your posts in the "Headline Game" thread.

Leonidio said:
I have a recorded warning,does anyone know what that is?
that tells me you haven't read the Guidelines. We should automatically bump you up the ladder a rung, just for that!

You were also sent an e-mail with an explanation of what a Recoded is all about as well as the specific reason it was applied to you. I'm not sure how much easier we can make this, for you.

Mike Bobbitt said:
You were also sent an e-mail with an explanation of what a Recoded is all about as well as the specific reason it was applied to you. I'm not sure how much easier we can make this, for you.

That's easy

We could get the Snowbirds to do some sky writing over his house with an explanation.

We could send exotic male dancers to his door with an explanation.

I could video tape myself doing an interpretive dance of someone being banned from army.ca and we could
put that up on the site.

We could have Combat Camera pay him a visit and explain it.. oh wait.. Combat Camera never really got the point either  ;)

We'll know for sure if we watch who is waiting for him on the bus stop bench when he comes home from school....look for floating feathers..

George Wallace said:
...And people have wondered if Forrest Gump ever procreated?

Taking your comment literally, It says right in the book and in the movie that he did so there's not much to wonder about.

It does raise an interesting question - if the kid got a recorded warning for something as mild as "wow a hardcore WO in the cadets", what is the standard for acceptable insults? Is there a set of guidelines somewhere, because I can't find any mention of that standard in the site guidelines that the staff is insistent on everyone reading and understanding. It would be a lot easier to understand if there was a definite "insults will not be tolerated", so George's comment here has me confused.

Could someone please outline the policy on personal attacks and explain why George's comment here is acceptable but refering to someone as a "hardcore WO" is not?

Personal attacks, including George's are against the guidelines. The distinction is that Leonidio's comments were made without provocation, and that Staff issues are handled internally. In fact, user issues are also handled privately, except in the cases where they start a public thread showcasing their ability to draw fire.

Michael Dorosh said:
Taking your comment literally, It says right in the book and in the movie that he did so there's not much to wonder about.

It does raise an interesting question - if the kid got a recorded warning for something as mild as "wow a hardcore WO in the cadets", what is the standard for acceptable insults? Is there a set of guidelines somewhere, because I can't find any mention of that standard in the site guidelines that the staff is insistent on everyone reading and understanding. It would be a lot easier to understand if there was a definite "insults will not be tolerated", so George's comment here has me confused.

Could someone please outline the policy on personal attacks and explain why George's comment here is acceptable but refering to someone as a "hardcore WO" is not?

You fail to consider the fact there may have been more posts that were erased and you did not see.

You fail to consider there may have been pm's between the young lad and the mod which you did not see.

You fail to consider the fact there may have been previous posts other than the headlines thread which put
the member on shaky grounds to begin with.

If this was a genuine concearn, the most appropriate action would be to
take it to a PM to Mike Bobbit, which you failed to do.

You're just hunting for mods at the moment.  I hope you stay in your lane.

edit - add one line

Yes - one wonders how we should classify lines like this, which are more numerous from some posters, than others.... :

Especially if your entire historical knowledge comes from 32 page pamplets published by Osprey...

muskrat89 said:
Yes - one wonders how we should classify lines like this, which are more numerous from some posters, than others.... :

I believe Muskrat.. that's calling the pot calling the kettle black.  ;)

Nice find.

Right then.....question answered.

Topic locked.

Regards

MOD Point: Mike Bobbitt  clarified everything dealing with the posters initial question. Direct further problems to a mod or him directly via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back