• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

George Wallace said:
Have RMS clerk call up ALL your MPPRs

Interesting -- I didn't know that our old reserve service was electronically archived. My primary reserve service was more than 20 years ago, but I did transfer directly into the regular force, so my old Class A and B time should count for the purposes of this payout offer.

Ostrozac said:
Interesting -- I didn't know that our old reserve service was electronically archived. My primary reserve service was more than 20 years ago, but I did transfer directly into the regular force, so my old Class A and B time should count for the purposes of this payout offer.

I'm in the same situation.  The CC pointed out that while the admin order excluded service for which you recieved a gratutity or pension or such like, it did not include service for which you did not receive anything and therefore that question could not be answered.

To be on leave, you must be a member (whether that leave is with or without pay).

I expect the day of LWOP won't count, but the remainder of your service on either side of that day will count.

(Note that MATA/PATA is LWOP as well, but is included in calculations)

Thanks Dapa, the day in question is when I went from PRes to Reg.  My paperwork doesn't include my PRes time and I just wanted to make sure that the LWOP for that one day did not account for a stoppage in service.

Lone Wolf AT said:
Thanks Dapa, the day in question is when I went from PRes to Reg.  My paperwork doesn't include my PRes time and I just wanted to make sure that the LWOP for that one day did not account for a stoppage in service.
You're not the only one.  Mines the reverse, they didn't include my RegF time.

So, what happens if you were in the PRes for 10+ years, CT'ed to the Regs, then came back to the reserves? Do both reserve service periods count provided you never took any gratuity and never got out?

My problems extend a little further than the above issue. Here's a more detailed description of my circumstances:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/107351/post-1170306.html#msg1170306

CDN2525 said:
So, what happens if you were in the PRes for 10+ years, CT'ed to the Regs, then came back to the reserves? Do both reserve service periods count provided you never took any gratuity and never got out?

My problems extend a little further than the above issue. Here's a more detailed description of my circumstances:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/107351/post-1170306.html#msg1170306

The answer is in this thread if you read it:

The CC pointed out that while the admin order excluded service for which you recieved a gratutity or pension or such like, it did not include service for which you did not receive anything and therefore that question could not be answered.

Clerks are getting trained (at least in NCR) on this starting on the 17th of Sept.  Until then all they can pretty much do is look at the FAQ and admin instruction, nod their heads and say, yup, makes sense, to what ever you are saying.  Once trained they can provide answers.

If you read the admin instruction it is based on eligible service.  The CBI that the admin instruction falls under defines eligible service as:

“eligible service” means a member’s number of years of service after the member’s most recent date of enrolment but does not include any years of:

Wait until the clerks are trained and know how the policy will be executed.

I'm in the same boat... Enrolled in 2005 and I put my CT in April 2009, which up to that point all my time was Class A and short-term B (for courses). I was granted 330 days towards my pension, however this obviously did not include the long term class B from May 2009 - Feb 2010. I accepted the offer anyway, with the intention of trying to get the rest of the my days granted. Now with the Severance package it just states from Feb 2010, which is my Reg Force roll-over minus the 330 granted.

Does anyone know how to get the additional time, (May '09 - Feb '10) granted? I've asked multiple OR's (PRETC, CFMPA as well as my Current Unit) and no one seems to know the definitive answer. The 'best guess' answer I've heard so far that a service review has to go through my CM and may not be granted as I accepted the initial offer. Does anyone know about the process on how I can go and attempt to get that extra year-ish granted? (Not necessarily towards the severance pay-out as I will wait until the clerks have been briefed, but at least for time served?)

dapaterson said:
If you were A/MCpl on 01 March, you would be paid out as a Cpl, as Cpl is your substantive rank.

Excellent post and glad you said it!!!  Given the circumstances that this will be a "one time" opportunity, how can you justify, penalizing someone who is currently holding an "Acting" rank as a result of CF requirements (ie; your CM not loading you on QL5/6, PLQ, ILQ, etc....).

For example, someone who has been a WO for 3 years and through "no fault" of their own, who has never been loaded on the ILQ.  That's a few dollars out of pocket, depending on the time in.

Lone Wolf AT said:
I've been on PATA leave with no chance to be course loaded.

Right now, it makes no difference. It is substantive rank on march 1st, period.

CDN Aviator said:

But don't you think it should???  Your post is correct that it makes no difference in the "here and now" but what about the impact it has on those where it is out of their control?

CDN Aviator said:
What i think is neither here nor there.

You may want to reconsider your post!  Because, everything you post is considered to be "what you think" whether here nor there!!!  If that is the case, then your posts are of not much relevance....

CDN Aviator said:

On March first of this year or next?  Either way, guess I won't put much effort into my ILP then.....  ::)

DAA said:
You may want to reconsider your post!  Because, everything you post is considered to be "what you think" whether here nor there!!!

Whatever. I'm going back to my booze.

Back