• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cancelling Registration?

Jebus

Inactive
Reaction score
Right now I'm in the process of joining the reserves. I live in Victoria but lived in Ottawa up until about 4 months ago. I came here with my dad to get to know his side of the family, and join the reserves, since they are hiring here. But now my situation has changed a little, obviously working in the reserves is not enough to pay for housing and I would rather just join regular force. If I stay here I will be living with my grandpa for the time I'm in the reserves lol. My plan was to join the reserves and switch to regular when availiable. Or work full time in reserves if possible.

What i'm thinking of is going back to ottawa where I would be living with my mom and brothers, then in september it will be just my brother and I and wait for Regular force to open up. Or stay here, join the reserves, live with my grandpa and try and find another part time job or maybe go to school. I would rather be in Pettawawa rather than Alberta or w/e. All my friends and close family live in ottawa. And work is a lot easier to find in Ottawa than here in Victoria.

So what I'm asking is, how do I cancel my registration process for reserves? I would feel like an asshole if I just called them and said, yeah my plans have changed, sorry... They obviously go through a lot to hire people and I respect that. Also my recruiter told me I should be getting a call in January... I'm still waiting on that. So what would be the best way, going about this?

This shouldn't be a huge moral dilemma like you're making it out to be.

Simply call them and explain that your circumstances have changed, and that you're moving back to Ottawa and will be exploring a career in the Regs.  Save someone some work processing your file if you don't intend to follow through on joining the Reserves.  Nobody will fault you for it.

It's actually a very difficult process. First, you have to find a telephone. To make matters worse, you even have to find their contact number.

You dial it in, press (1) for English, and (3) for a current application. Here's the trick - a lot of people miss it - you wait a few moments until someone picks up the other line. When you hear a voice, you explain your situation and that you'd like to cancel your application.

I know, it sounds challenging, intimidating, and frankly, it is. But I wish you luck on this epic journey and keep us updated!

Back