• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians seen as Americans in Afghanistan

edadian said:
I meant most Jamaicans in Canada haven't picked up a gun. I didn't intend it to come off as a generalization.

Perhaps if these Jamaicans were more in touch with their own culture they wouldn't be buying to the gun & crime culture.

There is a serious problem about the rapid mass-immigration in the past decade from the Caribbean. It's sad really, because it's not only Jamaica we have to worry about now, it's also African criminals posing as refugees.

I think the issue lies with the way they are integrated into society, if its even possible to integrate them.

edadian said:
Go I think you are way off on multi-culturalism.

Non-conformist culture is the culture that seperates people or nations from each other. With conformity comes the bland polluted corrupt culture of globalization; McDonalds, Wall-Mart etc. Conformist monoculture is like incest, may seem like a good idea but always results in problems.
WTF? I'm not sure where you get off thinking that incest "may seem like a good idea", or that monoculture is wrong. Most of the Scandinavian nations are what you derisively refer to as "conformist monoculture" and they have far higher qualities of life for their citizens as a result.

I realise that you being submerged in the culture of resistance that characterises our universities makes it difficult for you to think in terms of absolutes, responsibility or accountability, but you being an individual is not the best, or most important issue for us in building a strong society.

As for your automatic jumping to negative problems of some communities is disturbing. Most Jamaicans in Canada have never picked up a gun and take jobs most wouldn't especially in the fruit harvests. Most Asians are law abiding citizens owning business and getting good jobs or creating good jobs. Your statements are the equivelant of saying all WASPS men are racist, anti-catholic wife beaters and clearly those are a minorty.
I'm sure Jamaicans appreciate the supposedly "enlightened" Canadians like you characterising them as "fruit pickers", and "most asians" appreciate being characterised according to tired racial stereotypes involving small business. So much for whose assumptions are "disturbing" ::)

My statements are true. Certain behaviours in various cultures around the world encouraged their members to abandon them for Canada. They are now re-creating those problems here. Without any more righteous indignation, do you agree that certain cultural groups ghettoize themselves, and perpetrate and are victim to  certain types of crime? It is a simple question.

Culture, in what some call the post modern era, is induvidual and we pick and choose which cultural traits we want. That is what makes Canada a multi-cultural country. Pick up Richard Gwyn's 'Nationalism Without Walls' at the library sometime.
Apparently, certain groups are picking a culture of destruction and violence - what say you about this?

Pick up Neil Bisoondath's Selling Illusions, the cult of multiculturalism in Canada at the bookstore sometime, perhaps the next time you pick up a copy of Adbusters.

Perhaps if these Jamaicans were more in touch with their own culture they wouldn't be buying to the gun & crime culture.
Judging by the levels of murder, violent crime and drug use in Jamaica, I would contend that these Jamaican-Canadians are already well in touch with their own culture!

Has always baffled me that people leave the "old country" to get away from persecution, inequalities, etc... and they come over here to get that "better way of life"... and then they start recreating the circumstances for which they left the country in the 1st place.

Saw a couple of ladies in "full burkhas" today.
WTF was that?..... They'll tell you that they don't have to wear it, they just feel comfortable doing so (VS being obliged to wear it back home).........

Cheez!

Back