• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'Canadians only' policy for Mississauga

Larry Strong said:
Why would they want to get Citizenship, when every right that we have as citizens is given to you, the minute you step foot on Canadian soil!

Sorry Larry Strong,

If you're talking about political rights that's not totally true, since legal, permanent residents who get to Canada CANNOT VOTE or JOIN THE CANADIAN MILITARY (the CF only takes in permanent, non-citizen immigrants in exceptional circumstances where the immigrant has a skill they need) unless they live in Canada at least 3 years straight and then take the citizenship test.

This only applies to LEGAL permanent residents, not to just those cheaters who hop off the boat into the BC coast or cross the US border and make it harder and longer for those already in line to get citizenship (which is also the case with US immigration)

If you're talking other basic, human rights, then yes, you're right....(Please no debate on this other point).

I am not trying to stir up a hornets nest. I just wish to point out if they get all the social rights upon arrival, where's the incentive to get citizenship, I am going out on a limb here but I don't think politics or the CF enter the equation for most immigrants for a generation or so.

Back