• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANADIANS IN AFGHANISTAN - The documentaries

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
The series will be aired again starting today on History Televison and will include the new film "Waging Peace". Schedule is as follows (All times are mountain standard):

6 Jan 03
2000hrs and 2300hrs - Chasing shadows

7 Jan 03
2000hrs and 2300hrs - Waging Peace

8 Jan 03
2000hrs and 2300hrs - Friendly Fire

Excellent, thanks.

I haven‘t seen "Waging Peace" yet, and am looking forward to it..

Thanks for the heads up.

I have the other two on tape and caught the first one tonight.

I‘m glad I read this. I didn‘t realize thay had made or were going to air a new one.

Apparently they had it filmed, It just wasn‘t aired when the other 2 premiered.

Nope, Mountain Standard... Add 2 hours for Eastern, I beleive.

I was watched the first show at 2300hrs last night here in NB. Chances are that the times will be correct for any time zone.

The time in EST is 2200 to 2300.

Small recap course for people who dont know:
MST is 2 hours behind EST and PST is 3 hours behind EST.

Watched it combined,but also saw all 3 episode‘s.
A must see for all in the Force‘s!!!
A very good training aid.

Our men and women performed over and beyond all exspectation‘s as we do every time when we go any where to do a job.

Just watching my fellow Engineer‘s along with the Pat‘s hump all those exsplosive‘s in to those site‘s at those altitude‘s is enough to make me proud of my fellow Brother‘s/Sister‘s in Arm‘s.

One of the best documenteries ever made of the Canadian Force‘s.

Try and see all three episode‘s ,you can also order them from the History Channel.

Can someone pop out a link to the History channel site for buying the video?? I would appreciate it. Does anyone know if they will re-air that series anytime soon??

Bzz

http://www.viewerplus.com/product.asp?Stat=History&ID=12144

Learn to use google :)

Ouch.. just thought I would ask here in case anyone had more information about the series..I won‘t ask for any favours anymore.. sorry

Bzz

The :) means a smile. Since you can‘t hear peoples tone of voice on the internet, certain symbols were created to represent the tones.

A :) means I said that sentence in my prior post in nice manner.

You know what? I did not see that smilie when I first read the post, there was only empty space there.. I must have had a bbcode error or something as I am seeing it now.. Long day on course and I took it somewhat offensively toned.. my mistake and I apologize...

Bzz

That is a very well done series.

Last year I had my taxes done by H&R Block and the lady who processed them was the mother of the Commanding Officer in Afghanistan...small world.

Back