• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians deploying to AFG (early days, merged)

It is referring to OP APOLLO. Its not fake, it really happened - IN 2002!

It's real.

I read it in the newspaper (and you know EVERYTHING they write is perfect)...I am looking for the official report and will toss it up as soon as I find it.

Wow this post is starting to sound way to much like the military.
More questions then answers!

Cheers

LMAO 2002!!!

The article I read was from Sept 15, 2005.

Yes...some will come home early, after they move to Kandahar from Kabul after the elections...

P...

P-Free is that going to effect the upcoming Roto?

The thing about the half battalion of Romainians, has happened, they came into CJ end July to augment the Norg AOR. They are patrolling the same areas we did the previous yr. They are also expected to leave by end Oct.

I believe that the original post has already happened but there is a new news article which has been put out today that is current.

RE: link provided.

Cheers

I just got the official word and for those that were interested it will not effect TF1-06.

GNR said:
P-Free is that going to effect the upcoming Roto?

Don't know..my dads over there right now and he was mentioning to me awhile ago that some of his men, possibly even him, might come home around Chrimbo..

But I was also talking to a guy recently who knows some of the people training to go over in February..

P...

Considering reserve regiments, including my own, are going to work up for A-stan... I think this article isnt all correct. They just must be talking about the closing of camp Julien.

GNR said:
I just got the official word and for those that were interested it will not effect TF1-06.

Don't forget those famous words:  " You won't know until you are actually getting off the plane in country."

The statement is only current as of the time it was said.  Two hours from now a decision may be made to counter it.  Who knows?  When you get on the plane and then disembark on Tour, is when you know that you are really going to be there, and then the length of your stay is not definite either.  Everything in the Military is "Subject to Change".

OK, some facts as I can't take it anymore.

1.  The original article deals with the replacement of the 3 PPCLI Battle Group with a Romanian mountain battalion in August 2002.  It is history and should never have been posted here as "fact".

2.  There has been no official announcement regarding the early repatriation of personnel from Afghanistan.  It could well happen - that's the nature of operations, especially on a rapidly evolving mission such as the one we have in theatre now.

3.  TF 01-06 is still a "go" for February.  The Deputy PM was quoted in the news - from Kandahar - as saying we're likely to remain in Afghanistan for "years" and the Defence Minister has been talking of the possibility of casualties.  Is that enough of a hint?

::)

I think the feb roto could be cut short with maybe only a 4 month tour. there's a para commenting on it in the followin article.

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=be961672-957e-4eda-a7f3-7820d9c9857e

And where did you get your info linking the two?  This is how rumours get started.

Col Noonan is the current Comd TFK and is referring to soldiers already in theatre, as others have pointed out.  There are people moving between Kabul and Kandahar and some of those may not (stressing MAY) get a full tour.

If there's a change, wait for the chain of command to announce it.  The press gets it wrong in 90% of cases like these.

I think this issue has been solved by Mr Ruxpin.  Case closed.

Ubique RCA said:
A report by the local newspaper the OTTAWA Citizen said that
Best go to the actual Ottawa Citizen article instead of reading someone's bad interpretation of it.
http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=d930ec79-1d75-41df-b85a-45d2db1f357e

Back