• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian troops get better care overseas: report

I'm glad to hear that the CF is working hand in hand with civilian hospitals... It would be nice if there was a military contingent in hospitals in every major city. It would make things so much easier for the PRes and Reg F out of bases.  Even if it's just a civilian doctor/practitioner assigned to CF members exclusively; that would take a lot of stress off CF HSC dets... Just a thought.

The CF should work more closely with Civilian assets in general.  I know things have gotten closer over the last few years, but I think a closer tie and a permanent presence in the civilian world would strengthen ties and possibly alleviate some tensions between the CF and some Anit-military groups.  People tend to be afraid of, and dislike, things they're not accustom to.  but... again... Just a thought. 

medicineman said:
One of the hospitals in Ottawa has military staff as well but can't for the life of me remember which one - there was a ward at the Civic but think they went somewhere else.

I had day surgery at the Civic a few months back and the OR was a CF OR.  Doc was a contractor, but the nurses and I think the anesthesiologist were military.  There was a CF medical hat badge over the door, even!  It was integrated into the day surgery unit, but that OR was for the CF.

Not a hijack, but something that caught my eye in a similar vein....
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/78915.0.html

As much as the treatment seems to be improving (well done to all who made that happen), the bigger question sadly remains unanswered.

Back