• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Rucksacks

jjronnie

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering how people have found these rucksacks

http://www.appliedprecision.ca/application_rucksack.html

and if anyone has seen them in any shops or online. If so, how much do they go for? Thanks

Does anyone know when reserve units will start to get issued these.... I know we're just getting the TVs now, but still, im not fond of the idea of how much damage im doing to my back in the coming years..

Methinks I'll keep my jump ruck.....

Regards

I like the design that I was playing with. I was tinkering with another trial ruck not too long ago; didn't like how hard it was to set up the quick release strap. but the thing is bloody long, not wide at all. was one of them softy hard frames. I didn't get to throw er on and go for a run unfortunately, but I was impressed with what I saw.
06=me QRF'in it up for the army. hmmmm........sounds like I'll be getting em first next year, awesome!
I know that all my friends out in a-stan right now get to trial these rucks, so maybe I can get ahold of one of em to see how it is.
Greg

Will the new rucksack be jumpable or will jumpers still need to use the '64 ruck?

by the way they looked to me, unless the devise a new system to hook it up, I don't think so. nothing wrong with the old reliable 64 frame. I didn't have a chance to ask about stuff like that, but to me; it doesn't look like it can.
Greg

jjronnie said:
Just wondering how people have found these rucksacks

http://www.appliedprecision.ca/application_rucksack.html

and if anyone has seen them in any shops or online. If so, how much do they go for? Thanks

They are only prototypes so far, but the Cambrian Patrol teams had them - and I got to check one of theirs out - they are truly the cat's fundamental orifice.  The weight is actually properly transmitted onto the wearer's hips for comfort and ergonomics, and the ruck's design is very functional.

If you want something comparable, the manufacturer is Ostrom Packs of Thunder Bay, they do sell civilian pattern rucks.

MikeL said:
Will the new rucksack be jumpable or will jumpers still need to use the '64 ruck?

I've heard through the grapevine that not only will they be jumpable, but they will have built in PELS, allowing for quick rigging. I'm not sure wether they will all come with this feature, but my guess would be no (95% of the rucks issued will never see the underside of a herc, unless they're being used to chalk it in place  ;))

Chris

chrisp1j said:
I've heard through the grapevine that not only will they be jumpable, but they will have built in PELS, allowing for quick rigging. I'm not sure wether they will all come with this feature, but my guess would be no (95% of the rucks issued will never see the underside of a herc, unless they're being used to chalk it in place ;))

Chris

This reminds me,  during one of our equipment rigging classes, our section commander mentiond something along these lines as well.  He was telling us how he jumped a "trial" ruck the weekend before our course.  Not sure if this is the one.

Back