• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Reserve Soldiers as extras

M

MAJOR_Baker

Is there some truth to the rumor that Canadian Army Reserve Soldiers are used as extras in the TV program Star Gate?

They‘ve got to buy their equipment someway,eh.

Sounds like a good rumour to me.

Tc...
VVV

Well, I‘m sure with the number of people they have as extras a few of them could be PRes.

It would be a good background for someone going into acting.

I‘ve heard that americans sell (Give) 3rd world countries arms, equipment and training JUST so they have someone to fight a few years down the road. Any truth to that rumor?

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] I‘ve heard that americans sell (Give) 3rd world countries arms, equipment and training JUST so they have someone to fight a few years down the road. Any truth to that rumor? [/qb]
Now that i believe.

Ghost...you made me blow cheerios through my nose! Dude, that was a funny comment! Tres Bien... :fifty: :gunner:

In the first gulf war soldiers with 9mm berettas were issued 9 rounds of ammo per pistol. Most had not even used it or been qualified on the range with it apparently. Good that it‘s changed though. I like the machines the US has that reload magazines for the soliders. Ammo buffilo‘s we called them.

You like that free air technician eh? No pension with it but i do get a nice tan. I‘m not even actually in the military, im 17 and work in mexico at a nike plant

I‘m not insulting, you‘ve shown you can take a hit just as well as you can throw one. It‘s just that I lack your wit when it comes to subtile jabs :)

Instead of giving your extra equipment to Iraq, afghanastan iran and friends you should send it up north, I can‘t even get a snap for my canteen buckle!

But they do send equipment north!
Remember the useless piece of crap BOMARC missle?
We put our tail between our legs and cancelled the Avro Arrow and bought the BOMARC because we were told to. :blotto:
Very worrying for the U.S at the time for Canada to have developed an aircraft in the 1950‘s that was 20 years ahead of it‘s time. :eek:
I‘m sure the kickbacks bought many a fine cottage in Ontario and Quebec. :D

Hey ghost...you‘re in the wrong profession...you should become a comic instead

Cheechue, wait till i‘m back in canada dude. Morale in the regiment will be at an all time high! I need to find my *** a nice tasking at CFB Kingstion, maybe at PSTC so i can work on my stand up routine and have fun blindfolding and pushing around the officer students :)

I prefer the acronym for my name. FAT.
"For the love of god someone get the FAT guys in here!"

Mexico has all kinds of american plants. Little kids working at Nike (etc..) shoe factories making 3 cents a day or whatever the going rate is. Even Martha Stuart had her crafty little hands in on that.

Canadian reserves or american army eh? For an ex-intelligence officer you sure don‘t pick up on the little things :)

(read; my over use of "eh", my references to experience‘s in the canadian army and of course the picture of me with a canadian uniform which you no doubt had to of seen)

Sir do forgive us forgive for being so well read on not only ourselves, but others around us. it is a hallmark of ‘most‘ civilized nations after all :)

Ghost, officers are more fun on survival courses.
Here, eat this. Oh my god I can‘t believe you just ate that!
And don‘t imply that Canadians can read cause I didn‘t learn me nottin in skool.

UFO‘s at groom lake, hmmmm, I‘m more worried about the cameras in my ceiling and the chip implanted in my head. I know "they" are watching me! :dontpanic:

I liked when our friends came out with the "firestorm" looked a lot like a UFO. Kinda neat.
I always found it interesting that work on the stealth fighter and stealth technology started in the 70s and we only saw it in the eairly 90s. Makes you wonder what is going on righ tnow that we dont know about and will find out in 20 years.

For their part the officers are great sports. I really like the american and germany officers, their not afraid to chat up the troops afterwards, not to mention buy a few rounds. Troops are so simple to please :)

"You seem to know a lot about the U.S military"
You see some of us up here are educated, in fact most Canadians know more about the U.S than americans do, and no its not because we want to be like you but the exact opposite, we like to learn from all your mistakes and you are all such good teachers.
Ps. please tell everyone in the southern states that we don‘t actually live in igloos, Thanks! ;)

Originally posted by Born military:
[qb]Ps. please tell everyone in the southern states that we don‘t actually live in igloos, Thanks! ;) [/qb]
What kind of joker are you? You know that isn‘t true.

I left my snowshoes propped up outside the igloo last night, I hope they are still there. I just put on a pot of whale blubber for my friends who are coming over. We‘re going out to hunt polar bear.

ahh yes, the polar bear hunting is getting good at this time of year. just got back from my monthly trip.

Paul, I know what you mean. Total gridlock on the DVP coming in this morning. Wall to wall dog sled temas and Ski-doos. I think someone swerved to avoid a hole created by a surfacing beluga whale, hit a polar bear and jacknifed his team of husky‘s. :D

Paul, have you been in the southern states recently? tell them you are Canadian then see what happens. We think it‘s funny but it is quite true, I have family down there and I always get a kick out of it, they realy don‘t know anything about Canada. Of course this is a generalization.

"I do love Bombardier Snowmobiles...awesome...same with their 4-wheelers"

In that case, Sir, can i interest you in a jeep? :)

Sounds like you got your truck from our Crown Assets

Back