• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian PRT Troops in Kandahar pictures

Good pics, thanks
Always interesting to look at the Afghanistan pics

Hey Redleg, when I was last there in early Feb of this year, Popeye was doing great.. Still going around with that smile on his face. They bought him a gator to tear around the PRT compound with, and he was loving it.

Thanks for posting those pics. It helps a civi like me see what you lot deal with day in, day out.

Non issue glasses, Oakley Goggles, and helmet not done up......
http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/8199/is200504113ne.jpg

On closer inspection, neither have their chin straps done up.

foerestedwarrior said:
Non issue glasses, Oakley Goggles, and helmet not done up......
http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/8199/is200504113ne.jpg

On closer inspection, neither have their chin straps done up.

...and  ~shudder~ there are no lines painted on their parade square! Oh...hang on, they're not on a parade square. So that's what it looks like on deployment  ::)  (thanks for coming out....next!)

Journeyman said:
...and  ~shudder~ there are no lines painted on their parade square! Oh...hang on, they're not on a parade square. So that's what it looks like on deployment   ::)   (thanks for coming out....next!)

::) Talk about cant take a joke........ I geuse I should have indicated it was such....being as how this is the internet and all.

Journeyman said:
...and  ~shudder~ there are no lines painted on their parade square! Oh...hang on, they're not on a parade square. So that's what it looks like on deployment   ::)   (thanks for coming out....next!)
OK, with regards to plough jockeys and rock painters (aka "poultry degraders"), I just finished up being Crse O for a 3b here in Gagetown.  We finished up the "full spectrum ops" training and the final parade was to be had.  I joked that for part of the final guy's battle prep, he would rehearse "Advance in Review Order" on a piece of asphalt out in the training area.  One of my fellow Chicken ranchers paced it off, and it would have sufficed!  Our patricia and vandoo brethren had a hoot watching us, pointed at the rocks, and said "What do you think of those?"  To which I replied "Them's some good paintin' rocks".  But, the old plough jockey in me kept me from having some sort of formal parade with which to end the course.

vG out

Lerch said:
Did anyone else notice the tag on the pouch?

Only you lerch, could notice something like that, but hey, it goes with the kit sluttery then eh  ;)

shot out

Back