• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Canadian Forces warns members affiliated with radical groups"

What boggles me more is how everyone is ignoring the conduct of the other party and the whole upside down flag deal.  I know some people might not care about that, I sure do.

I guess only white people can do anything wrong in Canada these days.

Eye In The Sky said:
What boggles me more is how everyone is ignoring the conduct of the other party and the whole upside down flag deal.  I know some people might not care about that, I sure do.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Upside down flag thing, is not an international symbol of distress?  I'm pretty sure that is the meaning. 

Remius said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the Upside down flag thing, is not an international symbol of distress? 

It is in America,

"The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."
http://www.webcitation.org/6OJaMkhtM?url=http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-1996-title36/html/USCODE-1996-title36-chap10-sec176.htm

Remius said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the Upside down flag thing, is not an international symbol of distress?  I'm pretty sure that is the meaning.

So the CAF members were coming to render assistance.  >:D

Remius said:

Could be...but in Halifax on Canada Day?  That's more than a little stretch of the imagination.

Eye In The Sky said:
Could be...but in Halifax on Canada Day?  That's more than a little stretch of the imagination.

Actually it isn't that far of a stretch given the current climate.  Aboriginal groups have been using that for a bit now to highlight their plight and given the current political climate with the 150 stuff it does not seem to be that far of a stretch to be honest.

That group is from the region.  They're not too found of who they consider to be a genocidal murderer (if you read his history he seems to have a habit of using genocide as a tactic), so they go to have what by all accounts is a quiet ceremony to mourn the past on a day they aren't too keen to commemorate with fondness.

Now I also see a group of guys who thought that this was an anti Canada protest and showed up to obviously disrupt it and when they saw what it really was after a few minutes left the scene.  As far as I can see they didn't incite violence or spew any real hate.  It was pretty insensitive sure but I fail to see anything legally wrong with what they did.  Just like the flag, Nothing wrong with that as far as I can tell. 

Remius said:

I'll correct you: It is not repeat not an international distress signal. It is in fact not a distress signal at all. Even the American regulation quoted is in the respect for the flag section and I am pretty sure it is not listed anywhere in the US Coast Guard list of recognized distress signals.

The whole thing is actually urban folklore. Think about it, just to name a few, how would you know that the French flag, the Japanese flag, the Belgian or Italian flags, etc. are flown upside down?

See this American site that confirms that, at least at sea or in US Inland waters, it is not used: http://www.seaflags.us/signals/warning.html

Remius said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the Upside down flag thing, is not an international symbol of distress? 

Oldgateboatdriver said:
The whole thing is actually urban folklore.

Attachments

• spicer11n-1-web.jpg
    spicer11n-1-web.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 299
  • cards.jpg
    cards.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 297
https://www.facebook.com/cbcnews/videos/10155655189734604/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Well, I'm speechless ... which admiral Newton obviously ain't.

I'll just go and crawl under a rock in disbelief.

So I guess some questions going forward should be analyzed, without the associated passion:

1. Is membership in the group they belong to unlawful?  No
2. Is the group classically white supremacist?  Not according to their own website, nor according to informal internet research.
3. Were their actions unlawful?  No
4. Did they bring disrepute onto the CF?  Questionable - from the video they don't identify as CF.
5. Did they actually disrupt the event?  Hard to say... the video does not support that contention, but that depends on the viewer's perspective.
6. Did they do something foolish?  Possibly

Much will depend on what action the CF takes. I fear though that these guys will be scapegoated and find their careers finished.

It's easy for us to say "hang the bastards", but they are still entitled to due process.

They're going to get keelhauled.

The thing that pisses me off mostly about this, is how our military is blowing it up more.

The comment by the Admiral alluding to White Supremacy don't help things at all.

This would of went away if they dealt with it by simply saying the members are being dealt with internally.

Yet the people who DOXed the 5 men are getting a pass. Which is illegal last I checked.

It's sad that the more of this SJW stuff I see every day, the more I feel the world needs another World War to sort out what is really important. Too many people have gotten too comfortable.

Eye In The Sky said:

Good point.  They are claiming that the Red Ensign is equivalent to the Confederate flag in the US, and displaying it is a sign of disrespect; all the time they have desecrated the national flag with their protest 'slogan' and flown it upside down, not to mention used it as an article of clothing.....Disrespect?  Sadly, we now have a society where we are no longer "democratic"; but instead ruled by a vocal minority.

gryphonv said:
The thing that pisses me off mostly about this, is how our military is blowing it up more.

The comment by the Admiral alluding to White Supremacy don't help things at all.

This would of went away if they dealt with it by simply saying the members are being dealt with internally.

Yet the people who DOXed the 5 men are getting a pass. Which is illegal last I checked.

It's sad that the more of this SJW stuff I see every day, the more I feel the world needs another World War to sort out what is really important. Too many people have gotten too comfortable.
If the were going to be doing that kind of stuff they should have covered their faces.

Just saying.

Altair said:
If the were going to be doing that kind of stuff they should have covered their faces.

Just saying.

Who? The protesters, or the Admiral?

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Well, I'm speechless ... which admiral Newton obviously ain't.

I'll just go and crawl under a rock in disbelief.

Interesting that he finds Twitter and Reddit as reliable sources.  >:D

The Navy and CAF are falling over themselves to ensure the outrage is properly dealt with. Right now the mob wants those guys heads and it looks like they are going to be handed over.

If they are released 5F the military can reasonably cover their arses. But if they go the route the mob wants them to go (1A 1 Sentenced to Dismissal. where sentenced by court martial to dismissal or dismissal with disgrace from Her Majesty's service;) then first place I would go is to Marie Henein Law Office and have her sue the arse off the Government of Canada.

http://torontolife.com/city/crime/marie-henein-jian-ghomeshi-lawyer/

In the end, those young servicemen should have just stayed away.
Oh well, we all make choices, some are poorer than other.

FSTO said:
But if they go the route the mob wants them to go (1A 1 Sentenced to Dismissal. where sentenced by court martial to dismissal or dismissal with disgrace from Her Majesty's service;) then first place I would go is to Marie Henein Law Office and have her sue the arse off the Government of Canada.
http://torontolife.com/city/crime/marie-henein-jian-ghomeshi-lawyer/

Attachments

• lawyer-up.jpg
    lawyer-up.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 88
Back