• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces physical fitness standards

Haggis said:
Thanks, recceguy and CDN Aviator!

Anyone else wanna give this thread another nudge towards the abyss?

Anyone?

Bueller?????

We have physical fitness standards? ???

That should move it a step closer to the edge! 8)

2 Cdo said:
We have physical fitness standards? ???

That should move it a step closer to the edge! 8)

Thanks to Tom and 2 Cdo, I think we're getting there.

just.... one.... more.... good.... PUSH!

Can somebody confirm how the casualty carry is tested?  I'm picturing being in tac vest and helmet (no rifle), picking up a 100lb bag of sand and carrying.  Is this correct?

Thanks

I thought you had to carry a person.... but maybe I'm thinking of something else. 

Beadwindow said:
Can somebody confirm how the casualty carry is tested?  I'm picturing being in tac vest and helmet (no rifle), picking up a 100lb bag of sand and carrying.  Is this correct?

The BFT casualty carry requires you to carry another soldier of similar size and weight (and his/her weapon) a distance of 100 metres in 60 seconds or less, without allowing the carried soldier or his/her equipment to touch the ground.  The dress is CADPAT with tac vest (or webbing), helmet and personal weapon.

That creaking noise you can hear in the background is my Hobby Horse galloping away again...

We should have a higher standard for infantry, and those arms and services that have to work with the infantry. But this is an old article, just like me  ;)

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/caj/documents/vol_02/iss_2/CAJ_vol2.2_07_e.pdf

Let the spiral continue!

Red-Heads should receive automatic annual exemptions.

:nod:

BulletMagnet said:
OOOooohhhh Lets go back to the old 2x10  ;D

YEAH!!!!  But this time, let's do it with rucks!

(You're too young to have done the 2 X 10.)

.... nudge.....

Oh you are so right that I am not old enough to have been in during the days of the old 2x10 but it sounds LOVELEY!

Can't say I really remember anyone enjoying it, but I really wasn't looking around. Head down and one foot in front of the other. I do remember it wasn't until mile two or three, the second day, that the stiffness left and the blisters quit hurting again :eek:

Back