• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian decoration made in China ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aesop081

I just noticed something and it had me wondering:

I got my CD 2 months ago and on the back of the box it came in it says "made in China"....

Someone please tell me that my CD wasn't manufactured in a foreign country ( a comunist country at that).......

LOL!  Have you seen the General Campaign Stars?  They look like they were made with a metal press...  ::)

Man, what isn't China involved with nowadays? They got their hands into just about everything it would seem.

They have listening devices inside them...........

I just think its realy sad that a decoration awarded for 12 years of dedicated service ( 12 yrs of undetected crime , yes i know) to canada  may have been manufactured in a communist country that we may have to close with..........one day !!

And it looks like it was made out of plastic

I hope they don't have cameras in them... 

or i'm in deep trouble......

If anyone finds a website with my exploits, please let me know!

Bruce Monkhouse said:
They have listening devices inside them...........

You know as paranoid as this sounds, part of me wouldn't really be surprised?

When a country devotes a section of it's special police force to "maintaining social order and stability" (the PAP Internal Guard Corps) you really have to think exactly where they would draw the line. Especially with them gearing their military to counter Western standards.

And of course it looks like plastic.. Since when was China associated with quality? Probably a million poor kids churning these things out in some poorly ventilated factory somewhere.

Quote,
Did it occur to any of you that THE BOX was made in China?    ......are you saying it IS just the box or did you have an overwhelming desire to make us feel stupid?.......By the way, I don't need your help....... ;D

Michael Dorosh said:
Did it occur to any of you that THE BOX was made in China?    ::)

Yeah Dorosh it occured to me.   No go back to playing in the band

Even if it was just the box that was made in China, it still would be kinda sad as it has a great big coat of arms printed on the lid.

But thanks for your time.....as usual you have all the answers.....in since 1987 and still a corporal hey !

aesop081 said:
Yeah Dorosh it occured to me.  No go back to playing in the band

Even if it was just the box that was made in China, it still would be kinda sad as it has a great big coat of arms printed on the lid.

But thanks for your time.....

Yes, how sad that Canada has economic ties throughout the world.

Let's see, what would prompt a military and economic power like China to lash out - by having trading partners in the world, or having none?

Wasn't the problem with Germany in the 1920s that they felt isolated politically and weak economically?

Feel free to post more isolationist claptrap if you like, but don't expect to not get called on it.  Was the car you drive made in Canada?  Or the computer you're typing on, or your shoes?  If not, then I guess it's sad you don't really care about this issue as much as you pretend.

Michael Dorosh said:
Yes, how sad that Canada has economic ties throughout the world.

Let's see, what would prompt a military and economic power like China to lash out - by having trading partners in the world, or having none?

Wasn't the problem with Germany in the 1920s that they felt isolated politically and weak economically?

Feel free to post more isolationist claptrap if you like, but don't expect to not get called on it.    Was the car you drive made in Canada?   Or the computer you're typing on, or your shoes?   If not, then I guess it's sad you don't really care about this issue as much as you pretend.

Oh here we go with the moralistic Dorosh rethoric !

My computer was made in Japan, my car was built by GM here in canada,Most of my electronics were built in Japan actualy but i was refering to a decoration for service to canada not other bullshit that doesn't matter.  I was crying "made in canada" but you might have seen that if you weren't so quick to jump on you usual high horse.

The box matters?  What a supreme insult; you should write to your MP and demand an apology.  If you need help starting a petition, let me know.

Incidentally, we exported 4.2 billion dollars worth of good TO China in 2001.  Don't know if that included boxes for Chinese medals or not.

Michael Dorosh said:
The box matters?

you have to be the biggest idiot i have ever run into......can you tell me for sure that the actual CD was not made in China ?

Thanks for piping up asshole, always a pleasure

Why do I get the feeling this is LESS about the CD and more about previous
anamosity in posts....????

I don't care who makes my CD as long as I get it ON or darn NEAR the 26th of April.

(edit..  beat me to it Bruce..)

aesop081 said:
Thats cute......

Not at all, there are some good sites for setting up online petitions, let me know if you're interested.  I can help with the wording, too, if you like.

Trinity said:
Why do I get the feeling this is LESS about the CD and more about previous
anamosity in posts....????

I don't care who makes my CD as long as I get it ON or darn NEAR the 26th of April.

(edit..   beat me to it Bruce..)

I was surprise i got mine on time actualy, i had heard stories of people waiting 2 years for theirs.

Michael Dorosh said:
Not at all, there are some good sites for setting up online petitions, let me know if you're interested.   I can help with the wording, too, if you like.

No thanks. Your help is neither welcomed or needed. if thats what i wanted to do, that fancy university education could handle the wording.

That was an interesting little side-show and all, but now I'm curious, is it made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back