• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Citizen in the US Marines

Hey arty, it‘s funny how every one rags on the cops untill they need one, then those same people become the biggest whiners!!!! :D

hehe alrite you got me, I know they instill a good thing in society, but alot of them sell drugs that‘s all i‘m actually complaining about. Other than that the people hold up the laws pretty good.

HEY ALL!

I'm back! I been through hell the last 8 months. Basic training, then off to Infantry Training Battalion in North Carolina. I was originally trained as an 0352 (Anti-Tank Guided Missile Man) then also crossed trained as an 0331 (MachineGunner). I graduated at the top of my class in both 9 week courses and was set on being promoted to Lance Corporal.

Right before the end of training we were doing a cadence run and I was called out to lead the cadence. As I was running and calling it for some reason I don't know why I fell and stopped breathing. After waaay too many visits to the Navy Hospitals and all that BS ( DONT EVER GET HURT WHILE IN THE MARINES! ) I ended up being diagnosed with uncurable VCD. Or, Vocal Cord Dysfunction. Basically under too much stress my vocal cords swell and close up over my windpipe and I pass out. Now it's not just yelling, but stress in general they said. I was discharged Honorably and given an impossible to get back in reenlistment code. So basically they kicked me out for life.

Most of the time Medical discharges take months and months to get and are usually fought out. I got mine in a few days over 1 month. Note: I have also had 3 of 9 Anthrax vaccines while I was in training that you get before being shipped out. Each time I got the vaccine up to a week after I had severe reactions. Swelling of the location, very sore, red spots and I had some toruble breathing I noticed. They told me it was normal. BS. But you can't argue too much with officers, plus I didn't want to get in trouble and lose my upcoming meritorious promotion. So it ended with me fainting and getting kicked out WAY too fast. Even some of my command fought for me to stay in, but the big cheeses I never met once told me I am out.

Not too sure what to do at this point. I will be looking into the Anthrax vaccine and hopefully getting some compensation from the Vetrans Affairs office.

Well thats my story to date. If I could do it again, I most definatly would. Besides all the BS that comes along with the Marines where they lie to you all the time... I really liked it alot. I learned tons about alot in this world, including how to hit within 3 inchs of my mark from 500 yards away in wind, rain and cold, WITHOUT a scope. 9 out of 10 times. I value everything I've done, and hope that maybe one day I can get back in.

This Canadian Marine actually shed some tears when he was in front of his Captain, being told he's out of the Corps.

Well its better that you went ahead with it, instead of wondering what could have been.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. At least you got the experience and you know you could put up with all of it, and in the end its better some uncontrolable thing stopped you instead of pussying out or being to weak to finish

And that training will no doubt come in handy some day..

Good job Marine  :salute:

Even though you have been discharged, you can proudly say you were a Marine. Outstanding job, I envy you greatly.

I graduated at the top of my class in both 9 week courses and was set on being promoted to Lance Corporal.

You'll always have that to be proud of, You know you're good when you repeatedly make top candidate.  :salute:

Good on you.  You gave all you could give to Service.  Now you can go on with life knowing that deep down some part of you will bear the mark of the Corps.

Semper Fi

Kusiak said:
I did it.

I am not quite sure why. I tell people its because I can't feel like I am going to make a difference serving in a country that won't commit itself to anything... but thats probably a lie.

When people ask me why I am risking my life for someone elses country I tell them that I am doing it not for one country but for the common good of all people who are oppressed by those who wish to take away the freedoms that we all endure. That's probably 50% of the reason.

I guess the other part is that I was afraid that I would never see any "action" while serving my native Canada. So I am off to the USMC. Even though I scored a 96 of 99 on my ASVAB... I am still going infantry.

What do you guys think about all this? Respect?

dude I feel ya...  Im  Canadian serving in the US army Infantry.. onme year in Iraq.. fixin to go back  sometime next year

When someone joins a foreign military its not that hes a trader or anything it that he wants to serve his new country. If you join the USMC you have to move to the states. This means its your NEW country. SO now you got to do your part in protecting it (if you wish). Your not serving another country, the country is now yours, you live in it. So your no trador. Your serving your new government.

Thats how i see it.

my 2 cents.

soon_to_be_infantry said:
When someone joins a foreign military its not that hes a trader or anything it that he wants to serve his new country. If you join the USMC you have to move to the states. This means its your NEW country. SO now you got to do your part in protecting it (if you wish). Your not serving another country, the country is now yours, you live in it. So your no trador. Your serving your new government.

Thats how i see it.

my 2 cents.

You Lads are slowing down.  See how long it took you to bag this one.  You need a beer and a long rest.  Start over tomorrow.  Another day, another pest/troll/wannabee.  LOL  Good catch!

even if you didn't make it through training you made it farther then me. i couldn't get my American cit. so they didn't let me in.

your a luck canuck if you had to ask me
:cheers:

Back