• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Cavalry Brigade - book recommendations

Red 6

Inactive
Reaction score
I've read the Marquess of Anglesey's books, and David Kenyon's excellent work Horsemen in No Man's Land. But I'm wondering if there are good books specific to the history and operations of the Canadian Cavalry Brigade, and its subordinate regiments. Any recommendations?

The Royal Canadian Armoured Corps History by John Marteinson and Michael McNorgan cover the formation in quite a bit of detail. an excellent study of the battle of Moreuil Wood on 30 March 1918 by John Grodzinski and Michael McNorgan and can be found in "It's a charge, boys, it's a charge!" in Donald E Graves (ed) Fighting for Canada: Seven Battles, 1758-1945, Robin Brass Studio, 2000. 

Old Sweat, Thanks for the intel. I've seen it on Amazon before, but have always passed it by. I just ordered it!

Old Sweat, The book arrived with yesterday's post. It's brilliant and although I've only had the chance to flip through the pages, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Also, linked on the Wikipedia page about the CCB is the PDF of The Canadian Army Journal, Winter 2005 edition. There is an article in the magazine called 'The Canadian Cavalry Brigade: Waiting for the "G."' The author was a retired officer named Richard Bowes, and I found it to be an extremely well-written and informative piece.

Here's the direct link, and the article starts on page 84.  http://publications.gc.ca/collections/Collection/D12-11-8-4E.pdf

Cheers, Mark

Back