• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Automated Pilot Selection System (CAPSS)

Pre-flight said:
My understanding is you can retake the test after 12 months regardless of getting a PPL.

Yes, but I'm looking for the old regulation in regards to a redress. 

Specifically, I'm looking for where this regulation came from... i.e. which manual / regulation.

kincanucks said:
Straight out of the recruiting bible:

Plt 32 candidates must wait a minimum of one (1) year prior between testing periods in order to be considered for a CAPSS retest. Applications for CAPSS retest are subject to a review of the 'upgrades' obtained subsequent to the last CAPSS test. Candidates must gain skills & ability flying an aircraft before they can be considered for a retest. The attainment or "upgrading" of a Transport Canada Licence (i.e., attaining a Private Pilot's Licence or "upgrading" a Private Pilot's Licence to a Commercial Pilot's Licence) subsequent to initial CFASC testing may qualify a candidate for retest consideration. 

(1) For the purpose of this document "Pilot's Licence" does not refer to the
attainment of an aviation Permit, Rating or Aeroplane Class Rating.

For example:

(a) candidates who did not hold a Private Pilot's Licence at the time of testing
must obtain at least a Private Pilot's Licence before consideration is given
for a retest;

(b) a candidate who held a Private Pilot's Licence at the time of testing must
obtain at least a Commercial Pilot's Licence; and

(c) a candidate who held a Commercial Pilot's Licence at the time of
testing must obtain the Airline Transport Pilot Licence before a
request for retest will be considered.

Trinity said:
Yes, but I'm looking for the old regulation in regards to a redress. 

Specifically, I'm looking for where this regulation came from... i.e. which manual / regulation.

Wow. Umm... maybe submit a Access to Information Act (ATIA) request. Request all documents from certain given years that relate to the administration and conduct of the CAPSS system and eligibility for CAPSS courses.

Back