• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANADIAN AIRBORNE RUCKSACK FIRST ONE I HAVE SEEN

R

RCBH

this is a canadian airborne rucksack.  i have had it on a shelf for a long time.  i dont know much about it but its different.  please check it out maybe you might know more about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2290312517&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I know that you can pick one up for around $40.00 in a surplus store in downtown Toronto.

do you think this is an 82  standard ruck?  anyone can tell it is not.  do you think this is a standard 64  ruck?  anyone can tell it is not.  take a closer look.  its made out of 82  material with 64 parts.  odd.  i have been told it was special issue for airborne .

I don't know about the frame, but the bag is simply a 1964 patttern 'Rucksack Universal C1' made of the latter OD cordura material. I seen one of these back in 2000,  at Quinn the Eskimo surplus in Regina, Saskatchewan for $90 Cdn bucks.

The frame on the one in the link looks like soemthing I have not seen before. After all I left the CF 10 yrs ago.

Here in my garage, I have an original C1 ruck, dated 1974 but I use a Cdn 1982 pattern with wire frame here, as the ADF ones are back brakers with no frame.

Hope this helps ya out.

Cheers,

Wes

The 64 pattern bags were discontinued in the late 80s, and the supply system was running out of them. So the CAR had new 64 pattern bags manufactured with 82 pattern material. There were probably a few thousands of these bags made.
As for the frame, I have never seen that type, and I don't believe it was designed to be used with that bag.

It maybe a lil late, but the frame is a Alice frame. We bought them for the new radios. I had 8 of them in QM.

I have the same bag. 64 pattern made out of OD cordura as was pointed out. The 64 pattern ruck bags currently in the system are a mixture of these and the older, flimsier plastic ones. I have yet to see anyone jump them with an ALICE frame like that. You might have better luck listing it as a 64 pattern rucksack bag or even "jump ruck" as it is occasionally referred to.

Back