• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

Reading that page makes me think that several staff wienies spent many sleepless nights finding small projects that fit the Liberals' agenda to sprinkle small piles of millions to support. It's not that the Liberals are unaware. I think they are very aware and deliberate to send messages to their stalwarts. They are not unaware how others think of them; they just don't give a shit what the rest of us think.

In the long run those listed items come out at under $200 million. The overall package is $3.02 billion for 2004, but absolutely nothing concrete said about what the other $2.8 billion is going towards - that suits their base who do not want to know about real military actions.

This is what you get when you let a drama teacher run your country.

🍻
I get the 'why' and understand the philosophical basis (I don't agree with it, but I get it as a motivation), but I'm totally lost on what it actually means. Maybe that's the point.

". . . establishing a gender and diversity working group to promote gender-transformative mine action in Ukraine".

Other than a string of buzzwords (that I admit I exploited back in the day writing government documents), it means absolutely nothing to me. I can only imagine how it reads in another language.

Is Marci Ien scrambling a task force as we speak?

I get the 'why' and understand the philosophical basis (I don't agree with it, but I get it as a motivation), but I'm totally lost on what it actually means. Maybe that's the point.

". . . establishing a gender and diversity working group to promote gender-transformative mine action in Ukraine".
It means SFA - its a "bullshit baffles brains" statement that will make useful fools nod their heads like bobbleheads you get at a Jets game.

Out of morbid curiosity, are there land mines that select and kill by gender? I mean if a garden in the backyard is mined, is there a GBA++ analysis done by 3 lawyers and 19 policy advisors about who has to hoe up some potatoes for suppah?

As was noted by the CAF in 1989/90, you require different training and information efforts to target different populations with mine awareness and clearance training, including by gender.

As was noted by the CAF in 1989/90, you require different training and information efforts to target different populations with mine awareness and clearance training, including by gender.

Damn time travelling social justice warriors!

The UN article on this I read was about employing women in the identification and marking jobs as a representation thing. Perhaps it’s all of it with awareness and employment too.

"More work needs to be done"

The phrase of the incompetent government has been unleashed. Lots of talk, but no action.
Trudeau has painted himself in a tough spot. He committed to hitting 2% in 2024 last year in Rammstein. Then back home a week later said Canada would never be at 2%, which shattered a lot of faith in him globally.

So he really needs to back his promise of 2% with actual actions, and acquisitions.

I am just telling you how they think…
I’m sure there will be a mass recruitment of dentists and dental hygienists to the CAF to bring both universal dental care and boost the CAF budget to 2%.

Back