• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada Command boss: More equipment than needed?!?

I'd heard of that; I just assumed that it was CEFCOM. I stand corrected

Canada Command has nothing, owns nothing, its just a hollow shell of HQ across the country full of staff officers planning for whatever may come around. CANCOM borrows from all the other environemental commands when it needs troops and/or equipment! Thus his statement may be somewaht correct, however, in reality if that soldier or piece of equipment is not available, he's SOL! 

Haggis said:
Fixed it for you :)

Two points to consider:
1. police forces of the day were less robust and had fewer tactical and operational capablilites; and
2. P Res units were not deployed on Op GINGER and ESSAY as conventional wisdom held that neither the units or individual soldiers were suitable to the task, nor were they required given the number of soldiers in the Regular Force at that time.  Contrast that with recent experience (PODIUM, CADENCE etc.)

According to the book I am reading many reserve "UNITS" were deployed on ESSAY and GINGER. Notice, how I said units and not reservists.

SevenSixTwo said:
According to the book I am reading many reserve "UNITS" were deployed on ESSAY and GINGER. Notice, how I said units and not reservists.
Could you tell us the name of the book (with bonus points for the relevant page number)? Thanks.

Back