• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can this really be arson?

Donut

Inactive
Reaction score
http://laughingsquid.com/burning-man-set-on-fire-early-arson-is-to-blame/

I mean, it's called Burning Man for a reason!

Although the intentions were to set the giant man ablaze, this is still arson. It was set on fire illegally, before it could have been set on fire legally, making this an act of arson.

I wonder what peoples reactions were though? "uuummmm guys, is supposed to be on fire already?  ???

So much for the festival of free expression and border line desert anachy.  "No, dammit!  You weren't supposed to burn it until AFTER 2200 on Saturday.  That's why we have a damn schedule!"  :p

This struck me funny as well:

The Black Rock City Emergency Services Department was able to put out the fire in time and salvage the sculpture (it had not yet been loaded with fuel or explosives).

Oh, so it wasn't a dangerous enough fire? 

Sounds like just an excuse to hang out, drink, do drugs, have sex and pretend to be radicals.  Other than the drugs part, sounds like it might actually be an interesting time... although what they would actually accomplish in beyond me, other than "I was there, man!" 

Back