• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can not collect pension till 55?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogger1936

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all
I did a search and didnt come up with anything. I'm looking to squash a rumour or provide information to my troops/peers who are under the 25 year plan and not grandfathered under the old IE20.

I eveen talked to our clerk in passing and he said that yes it was true a man can join the army at 18 retire with 25 in at 43 then have to wait till 55 to see any pension.

Can someone verify/ deny this and if so point me to some written proof? looking to either squash a rumour or validate a bunch of releases.

You can retire after 25 years of service and receive an immediate annuity.

Period.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/pen/reg-01/welcome-bienvenu-eng.asp

I am 48, I have been receiving my pension (for 26 years Reg F service) for the past two years.

Thanks!

A bad rumour confirmed by clerks....had morale in the dumps. Ill be glad to pass this on tomorrow.

dogger1936 said:
Thanks!

A bad rumour confirmed by clerks....

That has always made me mad.........when I have run into a bad clerk where I knew more than they did.  Same goes for the clerks who make us use Claims X, instead of them doing the Claims and Travel Orders. 

I'm a Crewman, Jim........Not a Clerk!

And that is a lock.

Join us next time folks when Super Applicant's Grandfather, Crusty Supplicant, battles the evil "Rumour Man" for the information on retirement.

Again Kids, sleep tight, and join us in the adventures of Super Applicant!!

dileas

tess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back