• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can naval personnel acquire jumpwings?

Thanks Sledge & Skeletor, having dealt mostly with the Army, I found it quite the sight! I actually like the idea of qualification badges on a work uniform!

sledge said:
Jump wings and other badges are worn on the NCD jacket. Such as various dolphin badges.

There are alos pers that may have remusted from army to RCN or vice versa and have cetrtian qualifications and badges from their previous trade/element. I remember years back seeign a Snr NCo in the Nova Scotia Highlanders with dolphins. I presume he was Navy regs and probably after getting out joined the local militia company in the town he retired to. looked a bit odd with a kilt but he earned them so I guess might as well wear them.

Danjanou said:
There are alos pers that may have remusted from army to RCN or vice versa and have cetrtian qualifications and badges from their previous trade/element. I remember years back seeign a Snr NCo in the Nova Scotia Highlanders with dolphins. I presume he was Navy regs and probably after getting out joined the local militia company in the town he retired to. looked a bit odd with a kilt but he earned them so I guess might as well wear them.

I've seen a few pre-winged aircrew with jump wings, dolphins, etc. on their flight suits while at 1 CFFTS.  Uncommon, but not overly so.

Talked to CPO2 Specht yesterday in the ticket line for WW Zed.  No basic para in his case, although it was some years back when he first applied.  Coolest promotion pic i've seen in years.  Nice to see the black gang doing things beyond the norm, including being CFCWO.

And the movie sucked compared to the book. 

Danjanou said:

Hmmmm I think I may know of whom you speak of...

Ex-Dragoon said:

He would have been in back when you were a kilt wearing pre Dragoon.

Danjanou said:

Ex-Dragoon said:
Danjanou said:
He would have been in back when you were a kilt wearing pre Dragoon.

I may have crossed paths with said Highlander running around the wilds of Aldershot. I definitely recall hearing of one who was qualified to wear Dolphins.

Back