• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camel Spiders

I dunno bout you guys, but I‘ve always found spiders fascinating.
I used to collect them when I was younger, put em in jars that lined the shelves in my room.
I once had this really pretty one, it was a bit larger than a toonie and was yellow and black...
And then this other huge hairy one....
And dock spiders, the biggest and hariest of them all! :D

But those camel spiders are just about the strangest things I‘ve seen... I want one. :D

These are actually from the "wind scorpion" family and not spiders at all. Also in the wind scorpion family is a very small inch long scorpion of similar color.

OK Lexi, you can have ALL of mine. If I ran into some of those you all have been posting I‘d be straight to the rubber room! Give me snakes any day.

I did run into quite a large hairy specimen in Guatemala several years ago on a dim pathway and it was straight back to the room for me.

What was her name and what did she charge?

:)

Originally posted by brin11:
[qb] I did run into quite a large hairy specimen in Guatemala several years ago on a dim pathway and it was straight back to the room for me. [/qb]

LOL.

I never got a chance to ask, I was too busy running!

PSSSSST.... Wetgrunt, you might want to check out HER website. :D

Yikes, I wouldn‘t want to wake up with one of those trying to get into my mouth.. :)

Went to the movie ‘Monster‘ last night at Westfield Miranda last night and opon returning home my GF noticed this huge Gaint Orb Weaver with her giant web attached to the screen door. Body 4cm, with legs would barley fit into your hand.

As it dangled about 30cm, and appeared to be in an irritated state, above my head we quickly made it inside.

Do they bite? One time I took a fresh gum leaf and teased on, until it pounced and repeately attacked the leaf like a starving wolf.

I held up the leaf to the light, and it was covered in pin hol fang marks, so i guess they do bite.

mildly toxic with side effects like sweating, a swollen tounge, head ache, nausia, and dioreha.

So about this spider last night, Did I kill it?

No. As they have a job to do, keeping other nasty things at bay.

Cheers,

Wes

OHHHHHH Bruce!!! I just got why you said check out "HER" website.....wow. Im a dumbass.

Back