• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Calling on CDN Aviator or NFLD Sapper

siege

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey i have honestly looked through every single SQ thread i could possibly find and couldnt find my specific answer.  I have accepted my job as a combat engineer, and i know you guys were or still are engineers.  I got my information package from the CFRC and it said BMQ is 13 weeks (not a shocker) but it said after that my SQ is 10 weeks.  I could have sworn it was 4 weeks for all trades but i guess i was wrong, I tryed calling the CFRC but no one picked up, I didn't want to resort to asking it on the site but here i am.  I can't imagine they would be lieing to me about the ten weeks, but ive never heard of it before yesterday, so if you could just let me know what the deal is there that would be more than perfect. Thanks alot

You will have to do SQ.  It is a course common to almost all of the Army (so you don't need an Engineer to answer the question).  The recruiting web page shows it as 20 days (assuming that it is correct).

Yeah I knew I would have to complete SQ, but I was assuming it was 4 weeks, not 10, so I was just wondering if maybe they had not updated it or something of that sort. 

SQ was just getting going when i left the trade but regardles....4 weeks or 10 weeks...you have to do it so have fun.

O believe me I am looking forward to every second of it.  It just came as a shock to me as a 10 week course

I went through the SQ course last summer in Gagetown before I did my Cbt Engr 3s and it was a 4 week SQ. I wouldn't be to worried about it right now though, just prepare yourself for basic and take one course at a time.

CHIMO

Thanks alot, hopefully it is the same for me as it was for you.  How were the 3's for you?

3's were pretty good considering. Lots of PT, lots of knowledge to absorb. Totally worth it in the end. I'm a 2 CER now in glorious Ontario and loving it. Going back to Gagetown next week to help out with a phase 3 tasking. How I loathe New Brunswick.

well good for you, keep up the good work, im sure hoping it will all be worth it in the end haha

siege said:
well good for you, keep up the good work, im sure hoping it will all be worth it in the end haha

I'm quite sure it's only 4 weeks. Ie the 20 trg days it lists on the website.

I'll log in to MITE tomorrow for you and verify. I've got a candidate to nominate anyway.

Vern

Back