• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Caller ID read "DND"

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexpb

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I just wanted to post this because I have been visiting these forums for a bit now and am really excited about this news.

It may not sound that exciting, but i am so very happy. On the 1st of September my application forms were all handed in and i was told by my recruiter that he had to send it off to Toronto, and that i should hear back from them within 2 weeks, if it was any longer to make sure to call. So anyways today i'm just relaxing on the couch for a bit and the phone rings, i look over and read "DND" and began getting excited.

I was then told on the phone that it has come back from Toronto and that i have been confirmed and accepted on all trades i applied for.

011, 021 and 277. I am really excited. I know that i'm not in YET, but this means so much to me. I have always wanted to be in the CF. Finally it seems it's starting to become a reality.

After I got off the phone, i couldn't help it, i let out a big "YESSSS!!!" which shook the house ;)

He told me the first available dates for my tests are next tuesday, obviously i said that was great and now i'm more motivated then ever. Next Tuesday i have my CFAT and my PT test.

I'm friggin psyched and can't wait to get to BMQ.

Thanks for your time!

Alex

Thats great! Good for you.

Its just a little un clear as to how you qualified for all trades if you have not yet completed your CFAT???? I know this isn't the only thing that renders an applicant "qualified" but it is a mandatory one none the less. I don't know one other applicant that has been told they qualified for all trades prior to writting the CFAT. However if you were talking about physical requirements, eyesight, or previous schooling that pertain to those particular trades...perhaps you qualify in that regard.

Not trying to rain on you parade man. I'm just confused.

Ryan

His file was deemed competitive enough to be processed for his trade choices through the pre-processing screening system.

kincanucks said:
His file was deemed competitive enough to be processed for his trade choices through the pre-processing screening system.

Everyone makes it into the CF unless you are a burn out or severe loonie... Otherwise you have to want to fail in order to fail..

They even let me in..maybe they read the list upside down that day or the Captain was off..

P....

Congratulations alex, good luck on all your testing. Are you going reg force?

P-Free said:
Everyone makes it into the CF unless you are a burn out or severe loonie... Otherwise you have to want to fail in order to fail..

They even let me in..maybe they read the list upside down that day or the Captain was off..

P....

Sigh

P-Free said:

P....

What about the witches? ::)

NavComm said:
Congratulations alex, good luck on all your testing. Are you going reg force?

Yeah, reg force.

Can't wait.

Oh and phew...good thing i'm not a burn out...

Everyone makes it into the CF unless you are a burn out or severe Lonnie... Otherwise you have to want to fail in order to fail..

I find that kind of funny. Everyone goes through the same process. Doesn't matter if your a burn out or Lonnie. You get tested the same way, have  the same standards. They don't let just anybody in the CF. Maybe you may think your a Lonnie or burn out but somebody thought you had potential and you passed all recruitment process.

Oh and good luck to you Alex.

Derek said:
I find that kind of funny. Everyone goes through the same process. Doesn't matter if your a burn out or Lonnie. You get tested the same way, have   the same standards. They don't let just anybody in the CF. Maybe you may think your a Lonnie or burn out but somebody thought you had potential and you passed all recruitment process.

Oh and good luck to you Alex.
well said

Ha ha! dude trust me, don't get excited too soon. You just got through the easiest part, now you have the tests. I'm working on getting into the reg. forces too and they say I'm qualified for all the positions I applied for so far and I've done the Medical and CFAT along with my Interview. The tests is were you will run into problems if you have any that is. I know how you feel when I got through the paper work I was happy too but then I ran into a problem with my Medical and I just finished dealing with that and I can continue with the process. I just want to say, I know how you feel and I'm really hoping to get into the BMQ course for this November. Good luck with your application man, I hope yours goes allot smoother then mine did :salute:

PS. don't work yourself up to much because until your on your way to BMQ you can be giving a whole crap load of bad news that will really screw up a good day.

Congradulations. I'm sure all of your dreams will come true at basic training.  ;D

Congrads to you, that is great news. Best of luck.  ;D ;D

lol, I got pretty excited when I saw "DND GOVERNMENT" on my call display too. Congrats by the way  :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back