• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Combat boots policy 2005-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Binrat said they were black, just pimped out MkIVs. Can be made out of a brown leather.

PuckChaser said:
I don't think Binrat said they were black, just pimped out MkIVs. Can be made out of a brown leather.

Ack, I think I got the black colour in my head from reading the Toronto Star article and the photo they used and the below quote from the last page

Jarnhamar said:
I've heard from a reliable source that the CAF will be returning to Black Mk 4 leather combat boots except they'll come with vVbram soles and speed laces. And of course will be the only authorized boots to wear  ;D

PuckChaser said:

Or even a nice purple-ish blue for the flyboys! (and girls... flygirls too!)

that's not the colour I want...can I order different ones?  Purple-blue won't go with my crew patch or my eyes dammit.

Random weird question but speaking of non-issued boots does anyone own and find Lowa mountian boots or Lowa desert elites pull their socks down?

I know, first world problems.

Jarnhamar said:
Random weird question but speaking of non-issued boots does anyone own and find Lowa mountian boots or Lowa desert elites pull their socks down?

I know, first world problems.

I've got a pair of Lowa 'Combat' boots. They are awesome.. full stop.

I have the Lowa Uplander. Great for the field and load bearing, in addition RSM and adj friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketRichard said:
I have the Lowa Uplander. Great for the field and load bearing, in addition RSM and adj friendly.

Well, that would depend on the RSM - not all are created equal. Adj has literally nothing to do with boots. Unless you are talking about a Warrant Officer (WO/Adj)...

BinRat55 said:
Well, that would depend on the RSM - not all are created equal. Adj has literally nothing to do with boots. Unless you are talking about a Warrant Officer (WO/Adj)...

Adjts generally have something to do with lots of stuff and act on lots of stuff their commanders deem important.  Boots/dress stuff could be one of those things, after all the Authorizing sig on things like Wing DIs is the Wing Comd officially as an example.  :2c:

BinRat55 said:
The Adj often fills a lot of  the RSM role for officers. While most RSMs will dress down jnr officers when required, it isn't technically allowed. So the CO will often charge the Adj to ride herd on on the subalterns. The assumption being anyone over the rank of major wouldn't require any such herding.

Rumour mill is running at full speed these days. The new rumour is a canforgen authorizing civilian pattern boots to be worn and reimbursed up to $340 a year per member.

Can someone confirm or deny this rumour? I want to believe, the military has been making real efforts lately to address the common sense gap (most notably the quick turn around ref the relocard nonsense) so I am optimistic this has some truth to it.

Any comments would be appreciated

I'll confirm or deny it for you by end of day on 16 July 18.

I also heard we were losing LDA, but that was 6 years ago and I still have it.

Nothing is official until the message is signed and released.

Anything else is RUMINT.

kratz said:
Nothing is official until the message is signed and released.

Anything else is RUMINT.

Except the Combat Boot Working Group page on ACIMS, the 3 phased approach approved by ADM(MAT), the draft CANGORGEN that was reviewed and submitted for final signature this week, the claim process proposed that mirrors the BTU system, the presentation to Army council (which is available on the DIN) out lining all the above, ect ect.

There was some really good work done on this. I am pleasantly surprised.

This one has some serious steam and it will only be a matter of time till is comes out. Will it meet the July 16th date, I dont know. But if it doesn't I dont think it will be far off.

So I was at a promotion ceremony at 101 yesterday and the CDS had quite a joke about the boot issue. Being a Navy guy who never wears combats ashore I guess this has been quite the issue eh? I get the feeling that if the boot issue gets solved then the current CDS will consider his career a success!

FSTO said:
So I was at a promotion ceremony at 101 yesterday and the CDS had quite a joke about the boot issue. Being a Navy guy who never wears combats ashore I guess this has been quite the issue eh? I get the feeling that if the boot issue gets solved then the current CDS will consider his career a success!

Then there's the tac vest.... ;)

If this rumour turns out to be true, it would be interesting to see what colour they go for. Is the RCAF converting to brown boots?  :stirpot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back