• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Combat boots policy 2005-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentleman I think we are through the looking glass on this one...

I hope Halifax gets the LOTB soon.

I've only been issued one pair of wet weathers, and none of the local clothing stores have any other boots in my size. Clothing estimates another month until they get any boots in at the least.

At least I'm only PRes, and not full time RegF.

Eye In The Sky said:
Did they attempt to even order your size in?
No, but they said they were ordering a "shitton" of boots as of yesterday. That's when they quoted the month figure.

We'll see how it turns out. The Army, Navy, and Air Force supplies are all out of boots in anything even close to a 275/108. I've been wearing my Surplus Mark IIIs for awhile now, I can't stand the WWBs.

Just a point;  for CFB Halifax and area, FLOG Clothing Stores is what the 'army, navy and air force' supply places all fall under.  Last I was posted to Hfx, the Clothing Stores in the Armouries, the dockyard and over at 12 Wing were all det's of FLOG. 

Hope it works out for you.  If you have a pressing need for them and it doesn't look like they can get them from the issue variety, you should ask about LPO if you are going on tasking/course or something. 

Eye In The Sky said:
Just a point;  for CFB Halifax and area, FLOG Clothing Stores is what the 'army, navy and air force' supply places all fall under.  Last I was posted to Hfx, the Clothing Stores in the Armouries, the dockyard and over at 12 Wing were all det's of FLOG. 

Hope it works out for you.  If you have a pressing need for them and it doesn't look like they can get them from the issue variety, you should ask about LPO if you are going on tasking/course or something.

Yeah, that's what I mean by Army, Navy, and Air Force.
I might ask about LPO, however I'm on BMQ at the moment, so I feel like A: Theres hardly a need for me to have boots right this moment, and B: Even if I did get them, at the start of the crse, the crse WO specifically stated that non issued boots would not be tolerated.

Eye In The Sky said:
If they are LPO from supply, they are issued boots though.  :nod:
Ahhh, I see.

Now, for a poor no-hook, no clue, would you be able to explain the LPO process?...

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

I believe, the last CANFORGEN that came out on boots said no more LPOs are allowed.

Basically, if supply can't get you the boots thru the system, lack of sizes etc, they have the ability to go to local suppliers and contract out the requirement for your boots.  When I did it in Halifax, they would contact a supplier, who would contact me to come in for sizing.

Once I was sized, they would order 1 pair of the boots.  When they came in to the supplier, they would ship them to Supply, who would then contact me and I would go to supply to get 'issued' the boots. 

After about 30 days if I was happy with the boots and there wasn't any issues, I would then contact supply and they would order my 2nd pair.

That's the basics.  LPO stands for Local Purchase Order I believe. 

recceguy said:
I believe, the last CANFORGEN that came out on boots said no more LPOs are allowed.

I don't see how they can do that.  The issued boots don't fit everyone's feet!

FWIW, I just picked up a pair of LPO boots a few weeks ago.  I don't have a single pair of 'standard' issue boots except my ankle boots.  My TCBs (Magnum 5314s), CWWBs (Bates 2284s) and desert boots (Reebok RB 8893s) are all LPO.  :dunno:

I've gone back to look. It's not a CANFORGEN. It's an email trail, from those 'people up there'. It's not mine so I won't post it.

As far as "I don't see how they can do that.  The issued boots don't fit everyone's feet!", you've been around long enough to know that there are faceless wogs out there with more power than they should have, that, on occasion, do whatever the fuck they want and let the shit flow downhill. Just because they can and need that 'Leading Change' bubble filled.

One only has to look to the idiots, in uniform, that pressed the government for changes to buttons and bows. From what I have heard, the twit that sent that ball rolling was nothing more than a Reserve LCol and his connections to various Reserve Senates. (Another reason to dash that whole antiquated system against the rocks)

So, yes, things that stupid are easily done by self centred, silo erecting, empire builders that should have never gotten out of BM(O)Q, but have somehow managed to get someone's ear.

recceguy said:
I've gone back to look. It's not a CANFORGEN. It's an email trail, ...

I see them ... (there's two separate e-mails), I do see that they made it to all the G4s, N4s, A4s and Snr Sup Techs at all the bases and wings by the time I saw them  --- so people, one would hope, should be tracking by now:

Essentials:

(email date 18 March 2016):  FW: General Purpose/Temperate Army Boots - Cease LPO/
Eff: of Monday, 21 Mar 2016, LPOs will no longer be approved for any COTS Army boot replacements as LOTB is avail to Clot Stores and to be issued through attrition.  Any LPOs already recd by higher will be actioned. No new LPOs will be accepted.

(email date 22 March 2016):  Rappel - Restriction des bottes de climat chaud (Bottes désert)/Reminder - Restriction on Army Hot Weather boots (Desert Cbt Boots)
Essentially authorizes LPOs of COTs from the approved DLR list if nil stock in certain sizes of desert boots (CFTPO Number will be required).  Entertaining no exceptions from the DLR List of approved. And, states LOTBs not to be used as replacements for DCBs.
Also:  LOTB’s are authorised for RCAF members deploying on OP IMPACT.

ArmyVern said:
I see them ... (there's two separate e-mails), I do see that they made it to all the G4s, N4s, A4s and Snr Sup Techs at all the bases and wings by the time I saw them  --- so people, one would hope, should be tracking by now:

Essentials:

(email date 18 March 2016):  FW: General Purpose/Temperate Army Boots - Cease LPO/
Eff: of Monday, 21 Mar 2016, LPOs will no longer be approved for any COTS Army boot replacements as LOTB is avail to Clot Stores and to be issued through attrition.  Any LPOs already recd by higher will be actioned. No new LPOs will be accepted.

I guess the key part there is Army boots, not the CEMS project ones.

So, this leads to the question I'll ask;  I am army, the LOTBs do not fit my feet properly and cause me injury...what then?

(email date 22 March 2016):  Rappel - Restriction des bottes de climat chaud (Bottes désert)/Reminder - Restriction on Army Hot Weather boots (Desert Cbt Boots)
Essentially authorizes LPOs of COTs from the approved DLR list if nil stock in certain sizes of desert boots (CFTPO Number will be required).  Entertaining no exceptions from the DLR List of approved. And, states LOTBs not to be used as replacements for DCBs.
Also:  LOTB’s are authorised for RCAF members deploying on OP IMPACT.

Okay, the underlined parts confuse me.  If you are RCAF or employed with an RCAF unit, you get issued DCBs for IMPACT.  1 Cdn Air Div also directs 'all pers shall wear safety toe'.  How can LOTBs be authorized for RCAF OP IMPACT folks, but are not replacements for DCBs ???

Aircrew deploying have been trying to state a case for those DCBs (utter garbage boots IMO) to be removed from the SOI for IMPACT/desert flying ops for over a year, to no avail.  Flyers 'shall' wear safety toes at all times.  LOTBs are soft toe, aren't they?

Or, are they again, just talking about the Army boots?  I thought the army had 'hot weather boots' and the air force had 'DCBs"?  ??? 

How does that apply to LPO boots because military sizing does not fit? I'm trialling a pair of LOTBs now, but if they don't work and there's no custom boot contract, did higher just pull out a "suck it up"?

PuckChaser said:
How does that apply to LPO boots because military sizing does not fit? I'm trialling a pair of LOTBs now, but if they don't work and there's no custom boot contract, did higher just pull out a "suck it up"?

Yup, nothing like issuing a big FUCK U! to the troops.  Not everyone who wants LPOs are after the LCF.  I was sent to the foot clinic in 2003, was assessed and have been wearing orthotics and LPOs since then; even the '72 different size' RCAF boots don't work, because....surprise! they all have the exact same heel cup and boot depth.

Just because they designed 'new' boots and paid for them doesn't mean they will work for everyone.    :facepalm:

I am very curious, what do they intend to do about the people who the LOTB will not fit properly. 

Eye In The Sky said:
So, this leads to the question I'll ask;  I am army, the LOTBs do not fit my feet properly and cause me injury...what then?

Enough already.  For MEDICAL, that is a medical Chit:  The rules have never changed:  that's a medical chit with MO authorization to LPO boots.

Every damn time we go through this ...  :facepalm:

Okay, the underlined parts confuse me.  If you are RCAF or employed with an RCAF unit, you get issued DCBs for IMPACT.  1 Cdn Air Div also directs 'all pers shall wear safety toe'.  How can LOTBs be authorized for RCAF OP IMPACT folks, but are not replacements for DCBs ???

Aircrew deploying have been trying to state a case for those DCBs (utter garbage boots IMO) to be removed from the SOI for IMPACT/desert flying ops for over a year, to no avail.  Flyers 'shall' wear safety toes at all times.  LOTBs are soft toe, aren't they?

Or, are they again, just talking about the Army boots?  I thought the army had 'hot weather boots' and the air force had 'DCBs"?  ???

You do realize, of course, that not all pers in RCAF uniforms belong RCAF Units but may still find themselves on Op IMPACT. 

What the message is saying is that IF an RCAF member is issued LOTBs, that they do NOT replace the DCBs .... that those members will still be entitled to be issued their DCBs.

Eye In The Sky said:
Yup, nothing like issuing a big FUCK U! to the troops.  Not everyone who wants LPOs are after the LCF.  I was sent to the foot clinic in 2003, was assessed and have been wearing orthotics and LPOs since then; even the '72 different size' RCAF boots don't work, because....surprise! they all have the exact same heel cup and boot depth.

It's a big FU to no one.  Medical requirements haven't changed; you have the ref - I've sent it you before - nil change.

Thanks Vern. You explained it ever so much better than I possibly could've. :salute:

So only medical chits will be entertained? I have to waste the doc's time to get a chit for boots because bad sizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back