• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT winter whites

I wonder why we've decided to 'go green' with these? Plain, clean white was always the best cam.

"Leading Change" bubble on PER?

Jim Seggie said:
Pictures please.

I would like to see this for real.

Here's the smock.
6894256043_a52b83e2a9_o.jpg

and some pants

6884964831_a76edb349a_o.jpg

Those pictures were from ARCTIC RAM and as you can see, it's one or two people out of dozens+ that have them. Though they are neat, I understand that the grey is supposed to, from a distance, break up the human form and figure for concealment but would the grey actually be de-camouflaging rather than increasing the camouflage?

It just seems like one of those "Don't fix what ain't broke" type of matter.

Good point but pure  white can be a giveaway. Too bright or not enough contrast can be a bad thing.

I detest white helmet covers. Too obvious bobbing up and down across the prairies.

Jim Seggie said:
Good point but pure  white can be a giveaway. Too bright or not enough contrast can be a bad thing.

I detest white helmet covers. Too obvious bobbing up and down across the prairies.

After a few days my cam 'whites' were always tinged with an eclectic collection of curry stains, tree sap, sweat, grease and - after I knocked out a tooth on my rifle foresight - blood.

Man cam... it's more macho  ;D

Same with white balaclava on our winter X a month ago while play OPFOR/OCT (with new budget cut can't afford both) I saw 4 little white round heads peering over the snow bank at night with out any night vision equipment. Didn't see the 5th one as he was wearing his green toque. White bottoms, CADPAT top, Green toque=good, White bottoms, CADPAT top, white balaclava=bad.

I have always had my own winter white cadpat, its called charcoal.

daftandbarmy said:
After a few days my cam 'whites' were always tinged with an eclectic collection of curry stains, tree sap, sweat, grease

Curry?! Is there a new IMP I wasn't aware of...

blackberet17 said:
Curry?! Is there a new IMP I wasn't aware of...
Brit Rats have Curry the need to keep the colonies happy.

my72jeep said:
Brit Rats have Curry the need to keep the colonies happy.

They never had a curry ration when I was in the British Army so we had to make our own, of course. The colonials from Liverpool were, in my estimation, some of the best mess tin curry chefs...  :salute:

I fly a Desk or Drive a forklift personally, but I walk through the crap just to get to work... Orange for me, but ya I've had some insight on the "Arctic Cadpat" and "Urban Cadpat" keep things simple they're not for the regular guys. At least for now.

GreenMarine said:
but ya I've had some insight on the "Arctic Cadpat" and "Urban Cadpat" keep things simple they're not for the regular guys. At least for now.

Urban CADPAT?

Who are these "regular guys", and why aren't the CADPAT whites for them?

Also, as can you see in this thread, a number of CF pers have been issued various pieces of the winter whites in the CADPAT pattern.

My Key words are at "least for now!" Budget plus production lines give limited amounts for the Arctic Cadpat to be issued to most parts of the CAF. 

The Urban Cadpat is still in the early trails stages, and not a priority. The Navy has given it the most interest to move away from the traditional Black NCDs.

Back