• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT & MARPAT (and "did the americans copy off our new desert camo?")

The CADPAT/MARPAT project was started after failed negotiations with Denmark about it's M/84 in the early 90s...
The M/84 is a specialiced version of the German "Flecktern"
The German "Flecktern" comes from the dotted fatigues some Germans used in the end of WWII

Pfc_Norup said:
The CADPAT/MARPAT project was started after failed negotiations with Denmark about it's M/84 in the early 90s...

Could you be more specific?
After a pleasant -and personal- conversation with Senior scientist E. Dannenberg from FOFT (FOrsvarets Forsknings Tjeneste) / DDRE (Danish Defence Research and Engineering) -who is part owner of DADCON- told me that the only interest Canada had, was how Denmark had figured out the right chromacity of SK/80 (SloeringsKuloer-80/camouflagecolour-80) which is the main colour (approx. 60%) of our M/84 pattern. To this, the aid of DADCON was hired and their "tools" used. In other words: No failed negotiations, Canada has never been interested in the pattern we use, only the colours!

After a bit of "detective work" in 2003, I found out that the following files existed:

DDRE A-15/2001: Briefing on the Disruptive Camouflage Pattern For the Danish Combat Uniform M/84
DDRE F-26/2001: Camouflage Pattern for The Danish Combat Uniform

But alas: they were classified :(

Regards
Troels

Patroels,

Thanks for shedding some light and backing it with something solid, instead of rumour and hearsay. I too would like to see something concrete about "failed negotiations".

After several years I've realized that I've been lying to you gentlemen!

Patroels said:
After a pleasant -and personal- conversation with Senior scientist E. Dannenberg from FOFT (FOrsvarets Forsknings Tjeneste) / DDRE (Danish Defence Research and Engineering)

DDRE actually stood for Danish Defence Research Establishment.
FOFT/DDRE was disbanded in Dec.-'06 and their "knowledge bank" -both human and written- is now gathered at Forsvarets MaterielTjeneste (FMT) / "Defence Material Service".

A minor detail indeed, but the truth must prevail...
And besides; it's not often one gets to quote one self ;D

Back